• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

My guess is that they wanted a permanent sign but blew the budget for both this and Alton Manor and could only do this for the time being...won't be suprised if it is replaced either at the start for next season or even sooner than that?

Oh it does actually! I wonder if it'll be added to the fast track package or not, as it used to have it

The new logo still looks like a giant eye, just closed. Which makes sense since the Nemesis creature is supposed to be sedated/dormant.

Potentially we will see a more permanent looking logo appear when Nemesis reopens. Incorporating what will inevitably be the new design for Nemesis in the name of NST as well...
Call me an optimist but that's my thought as well.

I was even going to post something yesterday along the lines of if the sign would be temporary, only I was out at the time.

Strange though, I thought the old sign was seen only a few months ago being moved out of the attraction? Unless that was a different old sign.

Call me an optimist but that's my thought as well.

I was even going to post something yesterday along the lines of if the sign would be temporary, only I was out at the time.

Strange though, I thought the old sign was seen only a few months ago being moved out of the attraction? Unless that was a different old sign.
The old height restriction board was laying at the side of the baggage hold on park opening this year if that’s what you mean

Reactions: Tim
This sign screams temporary attraction and retro squad. But then again we all thought the retro squad would be gone in a season so who knows.

See I don’t think there’s any correlation between a 2D flat sign and that being an indicator that this ride is only temporary. Surely too much money has gone into this for it to operate for what will only be 5 full months

See I don’t think there’s any correlation between a 2D flat sign and that being an indicator that this ride is only temporary. Surely too much money has gone into this for it to operate for what will only be 5 full months
I did think that too. If that is the case this is one of the worst permanent signs for a new ride I’ve seen. Seems they’ve put a lot of effort in to every other part of this project and stopped at the signage.

The new logo still looks like a giant eye, just closed. Which makes sense since the Nemesis creature is supposed to be sedated/dormant.

Potentially we will see a more permanent looking logo appear when Nemesis reopens. Incorporating what will inevitably be the new design for Nemesis in the name of NST as well...
If this does happen that will be great as it will give the ride a new story and make the ride a bit better for people that would have ridden it this season. And if it does happen you either work at the park, are a mind reader or from the future

if the ride was only going to be here for this season then Merlin would be advertising it as such.

There is a possibility that the building has been earmarked for a different project in years to come, but it’s not going to be pre-2026 you wouldn’t think given what we know about next year and 2025’s investments.

The sign does look crap though.

It’s crazy how much money and time they put into temporary event signs, more detailing and 3D. (Mardi Grass, halloween etc.) When in reality you see these for a few weeks in the park.
But something that’s here all year round, I.E towers street and some over rides that have been here years suffers from the same budgets cuts…cheap 2D vinyl sign, Just absolutely baffles me!

It’s a sign not a golden horse there buying, a welcome sign is first impression. Now this is just going to scream budget and temporary to passers by. The cost for again a temporary attraction like the viewing platform could of gone to better use sprucing inside and outside the ride. But as always with Merlin it’s just wasted money on short term benefits. Doesn’t give me much hope much improvement has been done inside now. What a shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuinely though, I can let a 2D sign go based on the fact the ride is back at all. I enjoy the attraction, so if I go on to enjoy it, I won't really care about a sign to be honest. I'm just walking under it anyway without taking much notice.

Last edited:
Unit NST has been renamed “Squadron Supplies”
The restriction board at the entrance also makes note of the fact there are live actors and they will not touch you. I wonder if that means actors at the start or scare maze section actors 👀
Also not recommended for under 12s, and makes reference to the use of flashing lights, loud noises, smoke effects and not to enter if you have claustrophobia