• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

I can't believe everyone is getting so worked up over a sign and then saying it will be a bad experience because of it
Regardless of whether you thought it was good or bad, or are yet to ride it, the 2D entrance sign has no bearing on that (yes I preferred the old one but some of the comments I'm seeing about this afternoon are ridiculous )

It’s not the sign it’s self it’s more of an indication of what’s to come…..Budgets and cut backs!
This ride needs to improve and be more immersive which it has the capacity to do so, but if it doesn’t it could suffer the same fate. Myself and many want the ride to be open as long as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All depends what the new logo they'll have for Nemesis next year and would likely want to reveal it for next year for if they gave out the font now for Sub Terra then it might spoiler what we could be getting.

Still, I'm more curious about if they are going to bring the tank back to the front of the ride again of if it's being moved to a new area in Forbidding Valley? Speaking of which with @Joeythorpe saying that Forbidding Valley is turning into a bit like X-Sector, do have to wonder that with Forbidding Valley is likely going to see a few changes come next year, makes you wonder what's the next area to get attention...X-Sector perhaps in the pipeline for attention next? Certainly in a rundown state like we saw with Duel that gave a hint something was coming then.

let’s hope so!

It’s not the sign it’s self it’s more of an indication of what’s to come…..Budgets and cut backs!
This ride needs to improve and be more immersive which it has the capacity to do so, but if it doesn’t it could suffer the same fate. Myself and many want the ride to be open as long as possible.

"Not the sign itself, but more of an indication of what is to come..."
Project Horizon does not appear to be budget cuts...that is a real sign of what is to come.
More thoosie vapours over a sign replacement.
Its not a sign of anything, just a sign.

How is it a sign of cut backs?

When did they announce a 3D sign and then cut it back to 2D?

I think anyone who thought they where making any significant changes to N:ST was a little optimistic. The maximum I felt could happen was a new video and maybe at a maximum some changes to the finale so they could remove the dependence on actors.

Who cares about the sign. I go to AT 3 or 4 times a yr and cudnt tell u the colour scheme or design of any ride sign in the park. Non of the general public will care either.

What a strange take. Of course guests notice. Otherwise they would just stick A4 laminated signs up in Comic Sans, instead of creating themed signs such as these.

IMG_5022.jpeg
IMG_5021.jpeg
IMG_5019.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the sign is temporary and will be replaced in the near future. The question/ complaint in have is why hasn't this been planned earlier. The rides been closed for 8 years and they knew ages ago the ride was re-opening so why wasn't the final sign sorted out ages ago. There should be no need for a temporary sign.

I'm pretty sure the sign is temporary and will be replaced in the near future. The question/ complaint in have is why hasn't this been planned earlier. The rides been closed for 8 years and they knew ages ago the ride was re-opening so why wasn't the final sign sorted out ages ago. There should be no need for a temporary sign.
Maybe someone dropped it on the floor so they had to quickly make a replacement.

"Not the sign itself, but more of an indication of what is to come..."
Project Horizon does not appear to be budget cuts...that is a real sign of what is to come.
More thoosie vapours over a sign replacement.
Its not a sign of anything, just a sign.

I’m referring to Nemesis Sub terror nothing else…that’s why we’re in this thread?

The sign leads me to think there hasn’t been many updates/money spent inside. I agree I was optimistic as it’s been nearly 8 years, but regardless it’s still a good ride and I will enjoy it.
Im just worried the longevity of the ride if rushed to open again as a filler. Think that’s fair to say?

It’s obviously not a serious issue, it is just a sign. But it’s disappointing to see such a basic sign when so much effort has been put into the whole nemesis/sub-Terra marketing and clean up. Obviously it’s not going to impact anyone’s day in any serious way and the average guest will not even notice, however they maybe would notice a well done, embossed/3D sign and more than likely use it as a photo opportunity at least! Which results in more exposure on socials for the park.

I’m referring to Nemesis Sub terror nothing else…that’s why we’re in this thread?

The sign leads me to think there hasn’t been many updates/money spent inside. I agree I was optimistic as it’s been nearly 8 years, but regardless it’s still a good ride and I will enjoy it.
Im just worried the longevity of the ride if rushed to open again as a filler. Think that’s fair to say?
The counter argument to this is that they have spent the (limited?) budget on the important stuff - new queue flooring, ride hardware refurbishment, new/replacement effects etc etc and therefore the sign has been deemed (quite rightly IMO) not as important as everything else that needed doing. But I do think it could be a temporary sign and will be replaced at some point.

I mean imagine the comments if the ride had little improvements but a new whizzy 3D sign: "The ride is still as rubbish as before, they've spent no money on it, but it doesn't matter because we have a nice posh 3D sign for it"

While realistically it is ‘just a sign’ and noone is going to lose any sleep over it, it is more evidence of the parks ‘that’ll do’ attitude which seems to have become endemic in recent years. While one or two things like this are fine, when everything starts to look temporary and cheap it really does become quite obvious.

Take this on Sub-Terras neighbouring building for example:-

Old (credit TowersStreet)
81c9b86c31a74c2be3195aab104125a2.jpg

Current
762993a51ea3a79a6643fa8fd97ce308.jpg

There are countless examples of these downgrades all over the park. Like I say realistically it really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, but its certainly noticeable, it just looks poor and devoid of any charm you would expect from a theme park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While realistically it is ‘just a sign’ and noone is going to lose any sleep over it, it is more evidence of the parks ‘that’ll do’ attitude which seems to have become endemic in recent years. While one or two things like this are fine, when everything starts to look temporary and cheap it really does become quite obvious.

Take this on Sub-Terras neighbouring building for example:-

Old (credit TowersStreet)
81c9b86c31a74c2be3195aab104125a2.jpg

Current
762993a51ea3a79a6643fa8fd97ce308.jpg

There are countless examples of these downgrades all over the park. Like I say realistically it really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, but its certainly noticeable, it just looks poor and devoid of any charm you would expect from a theme park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It truly sad to see this I do hope ATR replaces the sign for a 3D sign soon but we will just have to wait and see.
Only 2 days remain till it's opening I look forward to watching the video on those new screens that have been installed, will it be like the observation platform or will it be like the pre-show screen/s?

Thanks for pointing that out! Exactly we should be upgrading not downgrading after years and years of these lands in a top leading UK theme-park. I don’t see many other major theme parks downgrading over the years? But they need to stop with leak signs, I think they can get away with it in some areas but not plastered everywhere!

I hope they've removed the back prodders, my friend had one really jab into his back apparently whilst already being quite squished and it really hurt his back must have caught a nerve and he couldn't ride anything else for the day after that, it always put me off trying it.

Also does this have a maximum height? I'm 1.98m/6'6 not sure if I'll fit or not I've heard it's fairly restrictive.

I like the water effects, back prodders and leg ticklers/whippers - there is no mention of effects like this on the entrance restriction board, but I'm not sure if there was on the original one or not.