• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

They queued FOUR hours? Jesus
There were a few lengthy breakdowns I think.

Edit: Review from Lift Hills and Thrills;

Unfortunately it sounds like the restraint issues have not been fixed. He mentions that some of the bars had trouble closing and the riders in question had to be evacuated. I have no idea why they haven't addressed those issues, that was one of the biggest flaws when it was originally operational.

Last edited:
There were a few lengthy breakdowns I think.

Edit: Review from Lift Hills and Thrills;

Unfortunately it sounds like the restraint issues have not been fixed. He mentions that some of the bars had trouble closing and the riders in question had to be evacuated. I have no idea why they haven't addressed those issues, that was one of the biggest flaws when it was originally operational.

Because it’s not possible to fix it really. It’s a flaw of the design of the ride and it would be impossible to fit individual lap bars.

Anyone would be underwhelmed waiting 4hrs for it tbf. It's just meant to be a decent supporting attraction.

I always enjoyed it but I never waited longer than 20 mins for it on my 3 previous goes on it.

Yeah it’s not supposed to be a ride you wait 4 hours for. It’ll probably be one of those attractions that when the hype settles, you’ll be able to get on between 20-45 minutes (accounting for those really busy days) and 0–10 on the quiet days

If I remember correctly the restraint issue didn't exist when the ride opened, but was due to a change made in its last year of operation. My last time on the ride was in 2014 and I don't remember there being an issue then, but it was a frequent complaint in 2015.

Having a single bar for all is a flawed design if trying to accommodate for all body types and ages, but The Dungeons use a similar ride system and to my knowledge it doesn't cause them many issues.

A reminder that if you are posting content from other sites you should be using it to support your own views and opinions only.

As mentioned many times before, this is discussion forum, it’s not somewhere to dump screenshot after screenshot from live blogs. If you see an update from there that you find particularly interesting and want to talk about it then great - do so and link to the blog. But this topic and others on TST should not serve as a mirror for other creators that work hard to provide their content on their own sites.

In TPWW's latest vlog from today he says he's been told that the entrance sign is only temporary
That is great news! If the old one is still around, I wouldn't mind that one returning, but if it is a new sign, I hope that it will be as elaborate as the original.

A test seat wouldn't really work as the issue is riders of different sizes sitting next to one another.
?? It's one big lap bar for the entire row of 10, so if it won't lock for ONE person that's too large . . Its not locked for anyone. . .

When I Rode it in opening year, the bar has one lock position(I know this changed in someway before it closed but i dont know how). . But I had plenty of room (6ft2 101kg) . . My nephew on the other hand who is built like the side of a rizla, I thought could genuinely come out of the restraint even fully locked.

Reactions: Tom
A test seat wouldn't really work as the issue is riders of different sizes sitting next to one another.

If you eliminated guests who may be unable to fit with the lap bar, that would fix (or reduce) the issue. A test seat would be a good idea.

In TPWW's latest vlog from today he says he's been told that the entrance sign is only temporary

What, we can't moan about the #2DSign this closed season?! :mad:

This is great.

I love how camp this all is! Alton Towers at its finest.