• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Someone was told to "wait outside" after the restraints allegedly "crushed" their legs on my only ride on this last week. Wonder how long it is before they have to start separating into different weight groups with these restraints.
I watched with great amusement when one very large woman was absolutely determined to get on Rush at Thorpe. She hammered that restraint into her stomach, incredibly hard and repeatedly, until it finally locked into place. I don't think the attendants dared to challenge her approach and possibly turned a blind eye.

I watched with great amusement when one very large woman was absolutely determined to get on Rush at Thorpe. She hammered that restraint into her stomach, incredibly hard and repeatedly, until it finally locked into place. I don't think the attendants dared to challenge her approach and possibly turned a blind eye.
To be fair i think they were being a bit of a drama queen, legs looked to have extra padding anyway :oops:

If the restraint locks and the system is happy, who cares how it got there if they did it themselves? KMG flat rides and me don't get along (my man tits get crushed) but I am happy for a fellow guest or a host to jump on my restraint. It'll fit.

If the restraint locks and the system is happy, who cares how it got there if they did it themselves? KMG flat rides and me don't get along (my man tits get crushed) but I am happy for a fellow guest or a host to jump on my restraint. It'll fit.

To be fair wasn’t the issue with that kid who fell off that drop tower in Florida something to do with the restraints being forced down?

To be fair wasn’t the issue with that kid who fell off that drop tower in Florida something to do with the restraints being forced down?
The restraint had been bodged so it could locked when open wider than the manufactures normal tolerance to accommodate larger guests.
I don't think any UK park is doing that, therefore as above if the restraint locks it should be fine.

The restraint had been bodged so it could locked when open wider than the manufactures normal tolerance to accommodate larger guests.
I don't think any UK park is doing that, therefore as above if the restraint locks it should be fine.
So if your legs are too thick not to be crushed then tough. Probably need to adapt one ride car for the big boned

So if your legs are too thick not to be crushed then tough. Probably need to adapt one ride car for the big boned
Its the single bar on the ABC drop tower that is the issue. The reason the Florida Icon tower could be bodged was because it was single per person restraints.

I know it sounds awful and some won't like this comment but some people need to do the walk of shame from time to time. It's absolutely ridiculous how fat we are getting as a nation. It's no exaggeration to say we have a major health crisis on our hands.

I'd be mortified if I had to do the walk of shame because I was too fat to ride. I have had to do a few because I'm 6ft 5 and couldn't fit my legs in the carriage and that's embarrassing enough but at least that's something you can't control so you just accept it for what it is. This happened to be me on Indiana Jones in Paris first time I think.

As I not been this year but for me the story line with sub-terra makes no sense now. Like watching vlogs of the area by the top helicopter there is 6 of the eggs in a transporter now is this new eggs that she given birth to and they delivering them to the bunker or they removed them from the building.
I didn't think about it much untill now and it can fit in, as it says a previously undiscovered cave believing to hold the eggs and then goes on about the eggs being a volitile space so one has been made safe for scientist and public exhibition, in the nemesis queue video it says the place with the lifts is the phalanx hatchery, so you could say that phalanx were hiding it, but I think a minor edit to the pre show would fix it, maybe acting as though the eggs are being transported to labs or for destruction etc.

I got my first go on Sub Terra for the first time since 2013/14 and there are a few wee tweaks with preshow video and the maze at the end but mostly it's roughly the same.

I agree that with new look Nemesis and Forbidden Valley, it could do with a new storyline still regarding the eggs but one that does play off more of Alien Encounter in WDW.

Maybe have the idea of the preshow being roughly the same talking about how good Phalanx according to their propaganda with then even trying to assure their critics that their new outlook, a hint of Phalanx becoming privatised, doesn't prioritise profits over safety and that going down to seeing the egg will prove how safe they are (quite a little in joke at Merlin's expense). Hell, as even some black comedy, you could have some advertising of upcoming Phalanx events from 'A.I.R. technologies: our arch corporative rival', to 'Thunder Valley Beast: Myth or Real?' To finally 'The Phalanx stockholders meeting'.

Much like during the rolling Nemesis Reborn preshow with the Phalanx scientist warning you to escape Forbidden Valley, you can have the same here which tells you how Phalanx have not only become corrupt but utterly incompetent and that you are all being lead into a trap in which you are all to become sacrificed as part of an experiment before the signal is cut off and normal service resumes.

The ride is more or less the same bur this time the twist happens in which Phalanx reveals their true intentions and prepare to feed you to the Nemesis babies. However, you are saved by the rouge scientist who saves you and you escape as before and on the elevator on the way up, Phalanx's plans are all exposed which the truth seekers have hacked the system and tell you to spread the truth and all that.

Not hard changes but could be done with a little imagination done that creates a more complete story.

TL;DR, an underground version of Wicker Man's plot.

This is the problem when you spoon feed people unnecessary back stories. It restrains theming decisions, even if they are a cool idea like the eggs by the helicopter probably where at the time.

Sub Terra needs some kind of explanation as it would be odd without it. But Nemesis and Forbidden Valley worked just fine as a big monster, in a pit, wasteland around it, some sort of struggle had taken place. Just an excuse to make a cool rollercoaster. We didn't know what the drill/gun even was, or the shanty "kitchen" under the lift hill, or that cage by the stall turn. Even Blade and Ripsaw, just there because they looked cool and fit in. Even the original story in a nutshell just says mysterious site worshipped for centuries, alien underneath was discovered, burst out one day to feed, couldn't be contained by guns, here's Forbidden Valley.

Now we're left wondering why you have to queue to see an egg in a containment zone when there are a collection of them just outside? Are those B&M track pieces or tenticles being dissected? Why did they use a shipping container for a lab rather than a van or a porta cabin? Why did a toy helicopter land on a specific pile of fake rocks when there were plenty of decent real ones it could have crashed into? If they were dispatched in a hurry and quickly errected cheap corrugated labs, why did they bother to build one that looks a lot like the Galactica buildings only painted black?

None of these questions need to be asked if you just keep the story behind the theme loose and open ended.

Now we're left wondering why you have to queue to see an egg in a containment zone when there are a collection of them just outside? Are those B&M track pieces or tenticles being dissected? Why did they use a shipping container for a lab rather than a van or a porta cabin? Why did a toy helicopter land on a specific pile of fake rocks when there were plenty of decent real ones it could have crashed into? If they were dispatched in a hurry and quickly errected cheap corrugated labs, why did they bother to build one that looks a lot like the Galactica buildings only painted black?

None of these questions need to be asked if you just keep the story behind the theme loose and open ended.
I assure you most of those questions nobody thinks about

I assure you most of those questions nobody thinks about
I assure you that I had to answer every single one of these questions, whilst in the Nemesis Reborn queue, from my brother who has no affiliation with theme park enthusiasm. He even pointed out the eggs, by Captain Chopper, as we were waddling through Forbidden Valley for the first time.

Nowadays I imagine Sub-Terra to be some sort of prequel to the birth of the Nemesis Monster. Admittedly I don’t lean into the full lore so I’m sure this thinking can be pulled apart.