• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Anyone know if they're aware of the broken exit lift floors? That section of the experience is usually really good but it just fell flat yesterday. Took someone on who'd never been on and was disappointed that that part didn't work for them.

Yeah I'm not expecting a fix anytime soon, just thought the exit lifts were really boring without the vibrating floor
It could well be one of those things that could require a lot of downtime to fix so is better done over winter. Bit like the lack of flames on Wicker Man last year - I still think that was a fix that could only be done over winter because otherwise it could've meant downtime for a few days.

It could well be one of those things that could require a lot of downtime to fix so is better done over winter. Bit like the lack of flames on Wicker Man last year - I still think that was a fix that could only be done over winter because otherwise it could've meant downtime for a few days.
They are rumoured to finally be addressing the restraint issue this coming closed season, so it would make sense to fix the lifts then as well.

Reactions: Tom
With the new attraction in the area coming, I wouldn't be too surprised if this thing only lasts another season or so.
Stuff going wrong, restraint issues...new "flat" alternatives in line.

I can’t see it going 🤷🏻‍♂️Even yesterday when it was quiet it was pulling a decent crowd. I know it’s still only loading 32 riders but the queue when we waited yesterday was made up of significantly more than 8 people 😅😂

I never understood why they didn’t use the two lifts from Charlie for the final section…I feel that was a massive missed opportunity!? Are the lifts still in place in the dungeons?

Reactions: Ash
I never understood why they didn’t use the two lifts from Charlie for the final section…I feel that was a massive missed opportunity!? Are the lifts still in place in the dungeons?
If I'm correct, the place where they sat in the warehouse is now where one or two rooms are for the Dungeons.

They wouldn't work in the Sub-Terra building as they are larger than the Sub-Terra lifts, and the Charlie lifts took up a huge amount of space due to the projections surrounding them to create the illusion. It would have been great to see these mechanisms used elsewhere, but by the time CATCF closed, the lifts were a bit knackered and very noisy/creaky.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Pictures from Trilite

They wouldn't work in the Sub-Terra building as they are larger than the Sub-Terra lifts, and the Charlie lifts took up a huge amount of space due to the projections surrounding them to create the illusion. It would have been great to see these mechanisms used elsewhere, but by the time CATCF closed, the lifts were a bit knackered and very noisy/creaky.
If you were to create the Charlie attraction now you'd use LED panels instead of projectors. Even at the time I think technology was starting to move over to flat screens instead of projections.

If I'm correct, the place where they sat in the warehouse is now where one or two rooms are for the Dungeons.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Pictures from Trilite
What was once the Charlie lifts were left in place when the Dungeons are built, with the Turpin scene being the only bit in the extension from the original Toyland/80 Days building. The lifts were de-constructed during the construction of Trick O Treat Town, with the top part of them being used for lighting rigs within the attraction.

Wouldn’t be upset to lose it. It’s a decent sized area which could hold an extra flat ride or a much needed 1.2 or below ride for smaller guests.

If they chance the Dungeon we will gain a dark ride over that side of the park anyway.

I would be quite sad if it goes, it is a really unique well themed and fun ride, but it probably is a maitanence problem, with how much I see it down and it probably has quite a high requirement for staffing, although would it make sence to invest in it and bring it back for a few years? I would argue that having it there adds quite a bit for the area.

Was odd finally riding it again on Saturday 11 years after I'd last ridden the thing. Thought it was still done very well, plenty of shocks and scares for the unexpecting riders. Would be a pity if it doesn't last for much longer, especially as they've added the helicopter and the Nemesis eggs into the nearby themeing piece.

Wouldn’t be upset to lose it. It’s a decent sized area which could hold an extra flat ride or a much needed 1.2 or below ride for smaller guests.

If they chance the Dungeon we will gain a dark ride over that side of the park anyway.
I’ve only done Sub-Tera for the first time recently but I really enjoyed it and think it’s definitely something worth keeping. Whilst we do have scare mazes at parks in the Halloween season I don’t think we have too many interactive experiences like this as a regular attraction at a park included in the ticket price and it’s certainly a lot of fun for the first time rider (if that’s the correct term to use).

I suppose that if it did go then an indoor flat ride featuring a highly themed Phalanx lab walkthrough section wouldn’t be the worst thing.

This went down yesterday at midday and fast tracks are off sale for it today. Not too sure what's wrong with it or how long it's going to be down for.