• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

But we know nothing is wrong, as deep down we know we are in a theme park? So that sort of subliminally refutes that.

I think in whole, the shouting and angry military persona plays heavily on the stereotype of a military person, is that a good or bad thing? Personally, I am not sure. Not in the sense of using a stereotype in this way, I think there is not much wrong with stereotyping a military person, more on the basis of is it a good idea to shout at guests and is it the best way to convey the theme they were going for, that specifically is what I am not sure of.

But if they have invited you to see it why are they shouting and acting rudely? It didn't make any sense.

As above, it should have been respectful, "please stand within your designated space" or "civilians are not to touch the classified object" not "Oi stand there".

It does make sense - you’re in a military base where the staff are clearly not great at dealing with guests/tourists and are quite rude.

Is it particularly realistic? No, not really, as generally tourist attractions tend to be run by polite people (with the exception of the Eiffel Tower,) but the idea of being in a military base with a militant, unpleasant atmosphere does make sense.

For what it’s worth I agree that it probably wasn’t the best option to go with, I just don’t buy the idea that its really out there as I don’t think that it is.

It does make sense - you’re in a military base where the staff are clearly not great at dealing with guests/tourists and are quite rude.

Is it particularly realistic? No, not really, as generally tourist attractions tend to be run by polite people (with the exception of the Eiffel Tower,) but the idea of being in a military base with a militant, unpleasant atmosphere does make sense.

For what it’s worth I agree that it probably wasn’t the best option to go with, I just don’t buy the idea that its really out there as I don’t think that it is.
I’m almost certain if you were invited to view something at a real military base they would not shout at civilians unless you touched something you shouldn’t first. It didn’t make sense, either you are invited and they talk to you normally or you aren’t meant to be there and the whole concept the attraction fails.

I got told off at length, for "smirking in line", and my mob of naughty kids absolutely loved it.
Different strokes for different folks.
Highlight of the day for a couple of kids, they went back for more, while the wiser ones hit the coasters.

I’m almost certain if you were invited to view something at a real military base they would not shout at civilians unless you touched something you shouldn’t first. It didn’t make sense, either you are invited and they talk to you normally or you aren’t meant to be there and the whole concept the attraction fails.
I think you have to be careful applying this much logic in a theme park, much of what happens is nonsensical.

Yeah you’re probably right, but what I’m saying is that military staff acting in a hostile and unpleasant manner isn’t that mad - I don’t think it’s mad enough for the theme to fail because of it.

The whole shouting thing never made sense. Why are we being verbally abused if we're being invited to a facility?

It never felt like there was a real direction for the actors/staff, I feel some took it too far and it made re-riding less attractive.

I understand the idea behind it, but it was poorly executed.

I don't understand why people are confused about the roles. The concept was fairly flaky but ultimately, there was a hierarchy - whereby civilians were being let into a pseudo military facility and the military went out of their way to ensure everyone understood who was in charge.

Like US immigration.

I find it hilarious that instead of talking about the ride, story or theme, enthusiasts are more interested in the staff. 😂

Has there been any other situation in which an attraction's staff have gotten this much discussion? :p

I find it hilarious that instead of talking about the ride, story or theme, enthusiasts are more interested in the staff. 😂

Has there been any other situation in which an attraction's staff have gotten this much discussion? :p
I suppose not but the staff of Nemesis Sub-Terra were integral to the experience, so the interest in them makes sense for this attraction.

Now it's only 10 weeks until 2023 season, whats everyone's thoughts this will actually be reopening this season? Thought we may have seen some sort of teasers by now.

I'm beginning to side with @rob666 theory of Nemesis re-build staff use...

Now it's only 10 weeks until 2023 season, whats everyone's thoughts this will actually be reopening this season? Thought we may have seen some sort of teasers by now.

Given that they’re reinstalling the queue line currently I’d say it’s a near certainty it will be open in some capacity.

It's coming real soon. Main questions are - will the name be the same and, will the egg still be there?

I have heard from a very good source that the staff table tennis table went in during the week.

If I hear it again it must be true.

Sean (Lift Hills and Thrills) alludes to this ride in his interview with John Wardley (posted in the Project Horizon thread) and hints the black Nemesis track colour ties in somewhere with the new Sub-Terra plot (essentially). I'd usually say take things with a pinch of salt, but he is one of the people who is known to actively "be in the know" with certain things. Definitely sounds like a re-imagined plot line is on its way for 2023 for NST.

Sean (Lift Hills and Thrills) alludes to this ride in his interview with John Wardley (posted in the Project Horizon thread) and hints the black Nemesis track colour ties in somewhere with the new Sub-Terra plot (essentially).
In Sub-Terra, perhaps the Phalanx are recruiting volunteers to help recapture the Nemesis monster with steel (black Nemesis track)?

If they are sticking with the ret-conned version of the story with the track being the steel that is holding it down, then the story will likely be that the Monster is evolving, growing stronger and the new Black steel is reinforced, stronger material that is needed to restrain it.
I suspect the characters from the "Goodnight Nemesis" video will feature prominently in the new Sub-Terra story.