• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

The Smilers reputation never recovered fully from that accident and the park hasn't either. Had the crash not happened I believe they would have found a way to run this ride on reduced staff. The fines they paid out could have gone towards a decent replacement for Ripsaw if it was BER

I dunno about this. The Smiler is always one of the rides with major queues.

People don't forget, but the accident was sometime ago now. Its possible a lot of new customers were that young then that they don't actually know about the crash.

I dunno about this. The Smiler is always one of the rides with major queues.

People don't forget, but the accident was sometime ago now. Its possible a lot of new customers were that young then that they don't actually know about the crash.
I think that the Smiler accident actually increased The Smiler's reputation. I know a few people who, when I tell them about Alton Towers, have only heard of The Smiler and this is because of the accident.
Let's hope nothing like the Smiler accident ever happens again.
Back to NST now!

There are a large number of closed seasony flavoured topics about at the moment to tickle the tastebuds.
I think it will be a one season wonder to fill the gap.

Exactly what I thought. If it's the exit building, that's such black dirt, and if it's the main building, that's faded colours :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Unless I'm just missing the obvious

I’ve posted previously that there is a video floating around where you can see what looks like them cleaning the roof in various ‘block by ‘block’ stages, but yeah, I can’t see anything in that particular video of interest.

I quite liked NST for what it was, certainly wouldn't mind it returning in some guise.

Surpised to see reopening likely after so many previous posters seemingly reliably informed that the guts of the ride had been ripped out to maintain other ABC towers across the estate?

If the park is to become more of an all open throughout the season then it would need to boost it's dark ride or at least enclosed attractions to make it look more attractive and it seems that the park is aware of this if Project Horizons is anything to go by.

There are other empty buildings in TWODW area that could have an dark ride attraction of some kind which while all being nothing but filler what Gangsta Granny is, would all go a long way to improve the experience altogether.

There are a large number of closed seasony flavoured topics about at the moment to tickle the tastebuds.
I think it will be a one season wonder to fill the gap.
Yep me too. They could have planned to open this last season and closed Duel earlier if it was going to stick around long term.