• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Im very sure it’s reopening, but whether that’s at the beginning of the season is another question
Doubt it, because nothing has been announced yet, but they could simply market it on opening day as 'Returning for 2023'.

Doubt it, because nothing has been announced yet, but they could simply market it on opening day as 'Returning for 2023'.
Yep might get some bookings out of it, it's a bit weird they've said nothing about it considering I'd have thought they'd want to keep the hype for Nemesis going.
The ride system sat that long not operating would surely need a complete overhaul/extensive testing

Yep might get some bookings out of it, it's a bit weird they've said nothing about it considering I'd have thought they'd want to keep the hype for Nemesis going.
The ride system sat that long not operating would surely need a complete overhaul/extensive testing

I would imagine there’s a fair chance that the ride has been tested, maintained etc since it’s closure though?

Assuming it is re-opening you would imagine that they’ve known that it’s reopening this year for a few years (as the Nemesis retrack is presumably what driving it and that will have been in the works for some time,) so you’d think that they’d have made sure that they did what was needed to keep the ride operational in that time.

Am I missing something here? All photos posted from today make it very clear it is a viewing platform surely?

Not saying NST isn’t reopening (i think it will for scarefest) but does all this work being done not just point to it all being about this platform?

Am I missing something here? All photos posted from today make it very clear it is a viewing platform surely?

Not saying NST isn’t reopening (i think it will for scarefest) but does all this work being done not just point to it all being about this platform?

Why would they rework all of the queue line for the ride (which isn’t connected to the viewing platform) though?

The two things are totally separate, or appear to be at least.

Why would they rework all of the queue line for the ride (which isn’t connected to the viewing platform) though?

The two things are totally separate, or appear to be at least.
I think it will come back for scarefest for sure.

Similar to the Sanctuary and The Welcoming marketing for a new ride

You know, after seeing those photos today and seeing the height of the platform. It is possible this could be a viewing platform. I had my doubts before based on the sightlines from the height of the queue. Looks like they have taken this up higher.

I think it will come back for scarefest for sure.

Similar to the Sanctuary and The Welcoming marketing for a new ride
If they weren't opening it til Scarefest why would they have started work on it during last season? And they recently repainted the logo on the side, which sure;y wouldn't be done unless it was being used within the ext month or so. I'm pretty sure it will open early this season, but they won't want to advertise it until after TCAAM opens. And as it's indoors no one knows what's been going on inside. We'll only find out for certain once it opens.

You know, after seeing those photos today and seeing the height of the platform. It is possible this could be a viewing platform. I had my doubts before based on the sightlines from the height of the queue. Looks like they have taken this up higher.

Yeah it's definitely some sort of viewing area. It is interesting how close the entrance to it is to Sub Terra's though.

Yes, you're missing the fact that the Sub-Terra queue line is completely separate to the platform. There is no way this much work would have progressed if it wasn't opening for another 7 months.

What if the viewing platform here is used in conjunction with the pre show of Sub Terror? Something along the lines of the original nemesis story of the monster taking over the ride, but now the monster has got far superior, or they have discovered another monster, or more eggs hatching like seen in the pit (they could even put some fake eggs scattered on the construction site of Nemesis) Hinting at a new monster will be unleashed soon, So external engineers have had to come in etc (construction workers) Merlin are the best of the best at advertising for a new ride so it wouldn’t surprise me. However just an idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if the viewing platform here is used in conjunction with the pre show of Sub Terror? Something along the lines of the original nemesis story of the monster taking over the ride, but now the monster has got far superior, or they have discovered another monster, or more eggs hatching like seen in the pit. So external engineers have had to come in etc. Merlin are the best of the best at advertising for a new ride so it wouldn’t surprise me. However just an idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a good point, this viewing platform could absolutely tie into the new updated theme the ride is looking like it would have.

I’m also not surprised nothing has been announced on a separate note. I guess if it’s keeping its name, marketing has gone into The Curse at Alton Manor (new) and new RS ride partially (new). Whilst I can an updated storyline, I can also see the elements of the attraction remaining the same.

Perhaps it's a viewing platform for the work on Sub-Terra. Given all the fevered conversation on decking and WD40, perhaps they thought they'd give us all a better look.
No it's nothing like that. It'll be a sheltered spot for all the drone operators for when they want to fly drones over Nemesis over the next 8 months.

And the ramp is so this person can get his rig up there to live stream every day

From: https://twitter.com/PaulAndrewYoung/status/1629217015431933955?s=20