• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

e2cc61429d2f284cf0e91ee33a991a69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly from all the threads over the years this has to be the most infuriating. I love speculation but it needs to come to a conclusion this year, hopefully it does and I can celebrate with a large drink whist we all clap our hands on here and recover! I myself would love to be able to experience this ride, if anything those old photos have enticed me more!

AT need another flat ride after loosing another, there isn’t any drop towers for adults. A few tweaks and they literally have a flat ride, with a immersive dark ride experience sat waiting for them! Probably be cheaper than block pathing/fencing/signage/renting & marketing one of these temporary fairground rides.

Honestly from all the threads over the years this has to be the most infuriating. I love speculation but it needs to come to a conclusion this year, hopefully it does and I can celebrate with a large drink whist we all clap our hands on here and recover! I myself would love to be able to experience this ride, if anything those old photos have enticed me more!

AT need another flat ride after loosing another, there isn’t any drop towers for adults. A few tweaks and they literally have a flat ride, with a immersive dark ride experience sat waiting for them! Probably be cheaper than block pathing/fencing/signage/renting & marketing one of these temporary fairground rides.

If it doesn’t open this season for whatever reason I doubt it ever will. It’s clear that they plan to open it so if they are not then it would suggest they can’t.

The more I think about it the more I think an Easter opening would make sense. Put all the pre season marketing into The Curse which is confirmed to be opening on opening day, then get Sub Terra ready for Easter onwards and market it a bit once we’re into the 2023.

It would make a good Easter “egg” surprise.

If it doesn’t open this season for whatever reason I doubt it ever will. It’s clear that they plan to open it so if they are not then it would suggest they can’t.

And you would assume that they’d have answered the question as to whether or not they can open it prior to undertaking the work on the building.

Photo's could have been taken a year after it closed. Also people are forgetting whether the ride is actually in an operational state or not. It might look "Ok" but does it work as it should?

Obviously could be old photos, but working on the assumption that they aren’t I’d suggest that the ride hardware being present, there being seemingly no preparation of any kind of scaremaze coupled with the world to the exterior of the building would probably suggest that it is operational, as otherwise we’d be seeing evidence of whatever else the building is being used for.

Did the ride operate with those flappy things attached to the restraint? I don't recall them, but did notice them on the Drop Dead ride in Blackpool Dungeons. Seemed like a bit of a retrofitted solution to the supposed restraint issues.

Again, we still don’t know how recent these images were taken. Not like anything in that image would take long to sort out

It wouldn't take long to clear that up.

This all said, we don't have dates or context relating to the pictures some I'm inclined to ignore them.

c0aff39a5f1a02871df5d293d595bdc9.jpg

I've asked you privately, and Rob and other members have asked you publicly - so since you're ignoring that I'm going to do so again. If you're going to post pictures then they should be accompanied with information on when they were taken at the very least. In addition, they should be used in addition to your own contribution to discussion on the forum. They should also be your own photos, or you should have permission from the person who took it to post them. This is set out in our Member Expectations:

Using media in your posts​

You should ensure that any images that you upload to TowersStreet are either your own, or you have full permission to do so. If this doesn’t apply, please link to the image/website with credit. Any image uploads should also be suitable for all (including uploads within the Courtyard Tavern). The team reserves the right to remove any image uploads hosted on the TowersStreet server.

TowersStreet also has the option to add GIFs to your posts, please use this option sparingly. They should also only be used to add and contribute to the discussion. If members repeatedly use the GIF feature inappropriately, then the option may be withdrawn.

Media embedding, which allows videos from sites such as YouTube to be added to posts is also available on TowersStreet. Videos should only be posted if they add to discussion, and should also be accompanied by opinions or viewpoints of your own. Posting videos without your own views or opinions is considered spamming, and the team will remove posts if found.

Finally, if you're going to post pictures, do so in one post not in this drip feeding fashion. Thanks.