• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Not included on the park map with full names and attractions. I'm now not surprised, but what a troll winter season that was!

Doesn't mean that it won't possibly open later in the season! Everything still points to something happening.

I agree, I just get less convinced as the days go on. Without this being open at the start of the season, we're already one attraction down from the start of last season. I genuinely thought with work even taking place at the back end of last season that it might've made it open for tomorrow.

To think of all those people who were absolutely certain it was opening for the start of the season...

If you can find me one post of someone saying this I’d be interested to see it.

Think most people have just said that something is definitely happening with the building, which it is.

Happy to be proven wrong on this and if I make a fool of myself I’ll hold my hands up and take the mockery but I remain convinced that it will open for public use in some way this side of nemesis re-opening.

I think it was a valid opinion to have based on the new queue line and building repaint though.
I think saying it was definitely opening for opening day was pushing it, if you’d have pushed me on it I’d have said I thought it would be, as it makes sense but there wasn’t enough to be sure of that.

FWIW TPWW seem absolutely convinced it’s reopening, I wouldn’t usually pay too much attention to YouTubers etc but he did used to work there and it’s not exactly beyond the realms they’d have the track on stuff like this given the size of the channel.

I think saying it was definitely opening for opening day was pushing it, if you’d have pushed me on it I’d have said I thought it would be, as it makes sense but there wasn’t enough to be sure of that.

FWIW TPWW seem absolutely convinced it’s reopening, I wouldn’t usually pay too much attention to YouTubers etc but he did used to work there and it’s not exactly beyond the realms they’d have the track on stuff like this given the size of the channel.
He is usually correct about things as well. I know people on this forum don't like rumours, but he genuinely is usually correct.

He is usually correct about things as well. I know people on this forum don't like rumours, but he genuinely is usually correct.
If it is opening and he is correct he still doesn't really know what it'll be like when it does. It's not totally out of the question that it'll be used for scarefest.

If it is opening and he is correct he still doesn't really know what it'll be like when it does. It's not totally out of the question that it'll be used for scarefest.

From the way it’s been phrased they seem convinced it’s reopening as a full time attraction, albeit that could be a scaremaze style thing but not scarefest.

Could be wrong obviously

To be fair, some people were genuinely asking questions as to why Towers weren't yet actively starting to advertise or put out teasers for the ride for the new season (as if it was absolutely nailed on that it was opening as the attraction it used to be for the start of this season). Fact. I remember it because I tried to question as to why people were so sure and was told the usual stories about sorting the queueline out etc. There's been a slight backtracking now to suggest that it'll most probably open as the ride it once was later in the season.

Think most people have just said that something is definitely happening with the building, which it is.

Happy to be proven wrong on this and if I make a fool of myself I’ll hold my hands up and take the mockery but I remain convinced that it will open for public use in some way this side of nemesis re-opening.

Post number #1546 the other day felt it was going to open for the start of the season (it was in reply to my post where I suggested that Merlin would want to stagger Curse, Jumanji, and ST throughout the season giving each one it’s own slot for marketing and not to be competing against each other).

I’m sure that there have definitely been a few other posts where users were thinking ST was going to open for the start of the season to compensate for the loss of Nemesis.

Last edited:
To be fair, some people were genuinely asking questions as to why Towers weren't yet actively starting to advertise or put out teasers for the ride for the new season (as if it was absolutely nailed on that it was opening as the attraction it used to be for the start of this season). Fact. I remember it because I tried to question as to why people were so sure and was told the usual stories about sorting the queueline out etc. There's been a slight backtracking now to suggest that it'll most probably open as the ride it once was later in the season.

I’ve been completely consistent throughout.

Something is happening with that building and whatever it is is for public consumption. If I’m wrong on that I’ll be the first to admit it but I’d be very surprised if I am.

If you’d pushed me to give a timescale as to when I thought that would happen, I’d have said the start of the season on the basis that the work was clearly beginning in earnest after the season was drawing to a close, but the fact that it isn’t is hardly a major shock given Merlin’s track record with opening attractions mid season.

I’ve said numerous times that I can’t guarantee what it will end up being, whether it’s a scaremaze or whatever else, but again, if you push me on it I’d say it will be the ride in its original form.

I feel that most people discussing the marketing were eluding to it being odd that it hadn’t started as indicating that maybe it wasn’t opening although I may be misremembering that.

There’s a message on the nemesis/phalanx page saying that there will be further announcements and I’d wager that will be where this gets announced, they haven’t just added the building onto the map for the first time in years for no reason.

If you want to trawl through fifteen hundred posts you are more than welcome, I have better ways of filling my thoosie leisure time.
Six whole years of yes it is/no it isn't.
Lots of people had heard through "solid sources" that the ride was reopening in 2018...and again for 2019...are you surprised that people are still unconvinced?
At the start of another season...it still isn't open.
Edit...another possible reason for tidying up the ride...
Perhaps it was an insurance cover in case the haunted house revamp v2 wasn't finished in time for the new season.

Last edited: