• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

The only reason for not announcing its opening could be that it won't be ready until later in the season.

I still have my bets on Sub-Terra being used as a part of the Nemesis marketing for 2024. It if opens later in the season Towers could tie both together. Ramp up some Nemesis marketing while opening Sub-Terra at the same time.

I could see it being used in some capacity at halloween but im still doubtful of it re-opening to the extent it was previously.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

I'm sorry but the fact it's on the map for the first time since it closed, with the same design as on the 2013 map definitely does mean something
It's pretty clear that it will open at some point this season, but until next week we won't know if it's opening at the start or later. As much as I would like it to open straight away, as @James said I wouldn't be surprised if it opened mid season to coincide with the start of the marketing for Nemesis 2.0.

It's pretty clear that it will open at some point this season, but until next week we won't know if it's opening at the start or later. As much as I would like it to open straight away, as @James said I wouldn't be surprised if it opened mid season to coincide with the start of the marketing for Nemesis 2.0.

I too wouldn’t be surprised if Merlin are wanting to stagger it a little. You’ve got The Curse opening at the start of the season and then Mandril Mayhem at Chessington opening in May. I don’t think they’ll open Sub-Terra next week, I can see them saving it for a little later on and therefore give it its own “slot” for marketing and making Curse the full focus until Jumanji opens. Maybe they might push Sub-Terra for the main summer season from say July? You’d think that Scarefest would be far too late in the season but perhaps there’s logic in that too from a marketing point.

Last edited:
I too wouldn’t be surprised if Merlin are wanting to stagger it a little. You’ve got The Curse opening in at the start of the season and Mandril Mayhem at Chessington opening in May. I don’t think they’ll open Sub-Terra next week, I can see them saving it for a little later on and therefore give it its own “slot” for marketing and making Curse the full focus until Jumanji opens. Maybe they might push Sub-Terra for the main summer season in from July? You’d think that Scarefest would be far too late in the season but perhaps there’s logic in that too from a marketing point.
But they're not running Nemesis this season. Duel was operating at the start of last season with Nemesis, so you've got less capacity there than last year now. Weather isn't the best at the moment either, seems like a perfect time to open it.

I'm sorry but the fact it's on the map for the first time since it closed, with the same design as on the 2013 map definitely does mean something
The gondolas arriving at the Enterprise meant something though, didn't it?

Not sure what you're apologising for.

The gondolas arriving at the Enterprise meant something though, didn't it?

Not sure what you're apologising for.
I always said Enterprise wouldn't re-open. Comparing a ride being put back on a map to a ride being removed is not the same thing. There's also a difference between a ride that's been standing for a long time being freshened up on the outside and a ride which looked abandoned remaining abandoned and then being removed. I don't really see your point.

I always said Enterprise wouldn't re-open. Comparing a ride being put back on a map to a ride being removed is not the same thing. There's also a difference between a ride that's been standing for a long time being freshened up on the outside and a ride which looked abandoned remaining abandoned and then being removed. I don't really see your point.
No inconsistency implied - what I'm saying is I agree with your post when taken in isolation. Something is happening.

Just as something was happening when the gondolas turned up at Enterprise.

Sometimes the thing is not quite what one expects.

As far as i'm concerned, there's two options with this attraction.
For me, the Sub-Terra is 100% coming back - I have no doubts about that. It's a matter of when.

I think the options are as follows:
  1. There's a staggered opening and it reopens mid-season. There has been no opening announcement yet as from a marketing perspective, the park obviously don't want to open two brand new for 2023 attractions at once. It would get confusing for the general public and possibly even take away from the opening popularity stats of The Curse at Alton Manor, therefore the park may stagger the opening to later in the year, most likely once visitor numbers start to dwindle after The Curse hype has died down to bring them straight back up again.
  2. The ride reopens at the start of next season to coincide with the reopening of Nemesis. This is a different scenario from the above, as a dark ride and a roller coaster are two completely different types of attraction but with identical storylines. Therefore, it would bring traffic to the park for those interested in the Nemesis story but not interested in rollercoasters and vice versa. This would also allow the park to tie everything Nemesis into their marketing material, such as their TV advert 'Ride Nemesis: Reborn and take on Nemesis: Sub Terra in our NEW for 2024 attractions' or something along those lines.
I'm very, very doubtful that the attraction will simply just not open.