• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

It is also worth noting that no attractions apart from the big 7, the stuff in CBeebies Land and The Curse at Alton Manor are actually labelled… so maybe Sub-Terra will simply be listed as one of the peripheral attractions that isn’t shown on this version?
They are only usually labelled on the website map I think. I’d assume when that’s updated we’ll get a clearer picture. I guess it’s our first official but unclear confirmation of the building being used by Towers themselves? As it’s not been visible on the map for years

If Sub Terra opens later on the year like say Summer time, would this be the first time the park has done staggered openings with new rides in a season since what we got with Sonic Spinball and Thirteen in 2010? Even though the former was a cheap retheme.

I wonder if there have been other times this has happened as I'm sure Nemesis and Toyland Tours opened together at the same time in 1994?

I don’t know if it counts but Galactica definitely didn’t open on opening day in 2016, I might be getting confused with what you’re saying though!

I'm meaning the park opening two attractions I'm the same year such as this year being Alton Manor and possibly Sub Terra. I mean that by staggered openings that Alton Manor opens first in March as we all know so maybe they wait for a Sub Terra opening by May/June?

If Sub Terra opens later on the year like say Summer time, would this be the first time the park has done staggered openings with new rides in a season since what we got with Sonic Spinball and Thirteen in 2010? Even though the former was a cheap retheme.

I wonder if there have been other times this has happened as I'm sure Nemesis and Toyland Tours opened together at the same time in 1994?
I don’t believe it would be the first time.

If I’m remembering correctly, I think that 2006 saw this occur, with CATCF opening on 1st April and Driving School opening in July (?).

This could also have happened in 2007, if I’m remembering rightly, although I think Haunted Hollow and There’s Something in the Dung Heap were only separated by a couple of days. I definitely seem to remember reading an old TowersTimes news article that suggested that the two opened on different days. Haunted Hollow opened on 24th March 2007, but I can’t remember when Dung Heap opened, off the top of my head…

I'm meaning the park opening two attractions I'm the same year such as this year being Alton Manor and possibly Sub Terra. I mean that by staggered openings that Alton Manor opens first in March as we all know so maybe they wait for a Sub Terra opening by May/June?
Ah sorry I understand! I still think it’ll be open as soon as possible. Capacity is desperately needed up that end of the park I don’t see why they’d wait until June. Perhaps not opening day, but surely not long after

That's definitely a downwards arrow on the tall column of the Sub Terra building and I'm not just seeing things, right?

Edit: Just seen the full size version of the map, it definitely is.
Good spot! Very interesting. Could that be a clue that the dop towers are returning?...

Last edited:
In an amusing cross of synchronicity, a long running search of amusing articles on wikipedia has kicked up an old science fiction shooter for the snes and game boy advance...
Phalanx.
Looks like Merlin are incapable of original thought...the game came out in 1991...a shooter based on colonising an alien planet...hmmm.

In an amusing cross of synchronicity, a long running search of amusing articles on wikipedia has kicked up an old science fiction shooter for the snes and game boy advance...
Phalanx.
Looks like Merlin are incapable of original thought...the game came out in 1991...a shooter based on colonising an alien planet...hmmm.
Might be a game but it's basically a word for a group of soldiers in close formation

Ok well this is kind of confirmation now! There too many signs to say otherwise also Shawn has literally confined it on his newest post. Not sure what i will do when this thread speculation comes to an end.

So do we think it will be tweaked a lot next question? If they could install projections inside it would honestly bring the eggs to life! They should hopefully fix all the sensory effects inside for its opening, I feel they will change the pre-show video to advertise nemesis reborn!

Last edited:
So do we think it will be tweaked a lot next question? If they could install projections inside it would honestly bring the eggs to life! They should hopefully fix all the sensory effects inside for its opening, I feel they will change the pre-show video to advertise nemesis reborn!
The idea of using projection mapping on the eggs could be quite interesting, and could probably work quite well. I definitely think they will change the pre-show.

How dare you contribute?
I had to learn a lot of old fashioned collective nouns when I did teacher training...I was told by a senior tutor that I was a member of an "influential cohort"...so I had to look it up to make sure she wasn't being rude.
She meant the group of old gits...
I prefer covey.

I had to learn a lot of old fashioned collective nouns when I did teacher training...I was told by a senior tutor that I was a member of an "influential cohort"...so I had to look it up to make sure she wasn't being rude.
She meant the group of old gits...
I prefer covey.

Old gits aren't part of the modern Thoosie world dont you know

Cantankerous, curmudgeonly, disputatious old gits are very much part of the thoosie scene, like it or not.
Last year, on one particularly amusing ride on Icon...I would guess I was below the age of the average rider!
Ride staff..."Brought your mates then!"
Weekday off peak thoosie ages are very much on the up.
As the lovely Andy from the Beach pointed out on Breakfast on BBC1 just the other week...many older thoosies applied for the ride testing job .
But only one of them got the job.

Back on topic...Sub Terry will be opening for the school trip season, full peak, so Spring Bank weekend, probably the same for the flume in a shed at Blackpool.

That's definitely a downwards arrow on the tall column of the Sub Terra building and I'm not just seeing things, right?

Edit: Just seen the full size version of the map, it definitely is.
FqzBmaHWwAMaz0U.png
They have just reused the asset from when Sub Terra was a listed attraction, it was on the 2013 map.

It doesn't mean anything, you'd have thought they'd have said something by now if it was returning as they've got nothing to gain by keeping it secret until opening day.