• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Two videos out on this today, one speculating it’s return by TPW, and one “confirming” it’s return by Lift Hills & Thrills, stating it’s coming back as a different experience with a lower capacity on the drop towers. Make of that what you will. I think I’ll take it with about 70 pinches of salt

For what it’s worth, I remember Shawn teasing similar “rumours” about Duel earlier this year before anything overly concrete happened… and look what happened there. I’m not saying that he definitely has insider information, because it could just have been him adding 2 and 2 and happening to be right in the case of Duel, but it would certainly make sense… in which case, it could possibly add further weight to the rumours of Sub Terra returning.

As for the other YouTuber’s video… I do agree with @Danscott22 in thinking that saying “the drop towers will be back on reduced capacity” seems like a very specific thing to say if the rumour is untrue. The capacity comment seems to me like the type of thing you’d only really pick up on if you were genuinely “in the know”…

Let's just have some context for a second. The KD Adventures saying "its confirmed" is a response to their original tweet which says "Phalanx uniforms on Nemesis!". someone then asks if that is speculation or an announcement, to which the above tweet is the response.

Yes I know nothing has been confirmed or announced, but the evidence has been stacking up for a while now. Something is happening with it, and if you don't believe me then that's fine.

The tweet is getting at the Nemesis staff confirming sub Terra is returning from what I can tell. But in the same breath, that doesn’t mean it is.

Well the staff have apparently been saying today when people have asked that it is, I do wonder in what form it will be though

There's been some work going on yes; While I think it's likely that's Sub Terra returns next year it's still not confirmed.

People can chose to believe what they like or just prefer to wait until there is official confirmation but to get snarky because people don't believe unreliable sources is just ridiculous.

What I always found odd about this is I felt if a decent animatronic and/or special effects were stuck in the pit I genuinely think it could resurrect the whole ride.

From what I remember this was the biggest mismatch, why would you want to escape from some “eggs”, the entire principle doesn’t work.

Add something actually “scary” in that pit and all of a sudden there’s some jeopardy for the entire end of the ride.

What I always found odd about this is I felt if a decent animatronic and/or special effects were stuck in the pit I genuinely think it could resurrect the whole ride.

From what I remember this was the biggest mismatch, why would you want to escape from some “eggs”, the entire principle doesn’t work.

Add something actually “scary” in that pit and all of a sudden there’s some jeopardy for the entire end of the ride.
You weren't escaping from the eggs, one of them had burst open and the creature had escaped hence all the air cannons leg ticklers in the seats. So you were being evacuated from the area because the alien had escaped.

It's explained it here (from 10:58)

Last edited: