• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

I think you may be missing the fact that you can also get to Forbidden valley via the Sky Ride, and the Hotel guest entrance to the park. And to get to Gloomy Wood from there you would need to go through where that barrier is and turn left.
Presumably the only path open in Forbidden Valley at the moment is the one to the right which leads past the f&b outlets, games and Funk 'n' Fly down to Galactica.
Yeah, that'll be it, I forgot about that

Last edited:
I just can’t see the building opening for the full season now, nothing has been said and now the queue line is covered by a viewing platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4dfe26eee911d283364b0fad4ca20e2c.jpg

Apologies I’ve just seen this photo shared on Facebook.

It looks completely separate from NST queue line, and looks like it will be for the general public to go up and view the area. The way they’ve put black tarp up to make it look presentable and a roof over the platform makes me think it is for the public.

It won’t affect NST because of its placement, it feels random but the addition of this platform feels like NST is coming back. I think they will want to continue the story line for this season and this is how they will do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact the platform entrance is right near the Sub-Terra entrance as well has been done deliberately to get going on both. Having it next to a closed ride entrance wouldn't look the best.
Could they use the platform as an extended queue for Sub Terra maybe? Would explain why it's so close.

Last edited:
The platform has significantly reduced the length of Sub-Terra's queue though. So if it does reopen they probably aren't expecting it to be an especially popular attraction. Unless they plan to include the viewing platform as an extension queue.
Which might not even be allowable as temporary platforms are normally weight limited based on the number of people expected to be on them. People queueing is a lot higher number than people walking (as the assumption is people are far closer together when not moving).

On the flip side there is a benefit to a ride having a shorter queue line. Psychologically if people see a queue extending out the entrance they are less likely to join even if they can see the queue isn't very long. It's a good way to stop a filler ride building up a 1+ hour queues when it's not worth that long a wait.

The platform has significantly reduced the length of Sub-Terra's queue though. So if it does reopen they probably aren't expecting it to be an especially popular attraction. Unless they plan to include the viewing platform as an extension queue.
Unless they're planning on using timeslots for Sub Terra, much like how the Dungeons currently runs (albeit upcharge) and so does Ghost Train and Black Mirror at Thorpe.

The fact the platform entrance is right near the Sub-Terra entrance as well has been done deliberately to get going on both. Having it next to a closed ride entrance wouldn't look the best.

Does it not strike you as odd that they’d have the entrances for two separate things at right angles to one another?

I’m no expert in crowd management, but it just seems to me that it’s asking for an area where people are getting in each other’s way to get to the two separate things, unless they funnel the NST queue from somewhere else into that entrance so it’s separate.

Does it not strike you as odd that they’d have the entrances for two separate things at right angles to one another?

I’m no expert in crowd management, but it just seems to me that it’s asking for an area where people are getting in each other’s way to get to the two separate things, unless they funnel the NST queue from somewhere else into that entrance so it’s separate.
Not really, as I think once you've gone through the Sub-Terra entrance then you're not anywhere near the platform.

On another point, I know someone has said the ST queue line has been shortened, but it still looks long enough to hold a decent amount of people.

Not really, as I think once you've gone through the Sub-Terra entrance then you're not anywhere near the platform.
Not sure that's the problem as I understood it.

Attraction entrances are focal points which people navigate towards and often linger around which is why it makes sense to spread them out.

Not saying this is proof positive that they aren't doing this - god knows the park is capable of making bad decisions.

On another point, I know someone has said the ST queue line has been shortened, but it still looks long enough to hold a decent amount of people.

What I mean is will it not cause a build up of people going on different directions in that square section of land which will be in the cente of the two entrances (with NSTs entrance being straight ahead and the viewing ramp being to the right if you’re facing NST?) To illustrate what I mean, think of the locker, gift shop, ride entrance chaos you get on Forbidden Journey. Granted this would probably be less extreme than that as it isn’t indoors.

It just seems odd to me that they wouldn’t choose to have that ramp start, maybe, say 5 metres further down although maybe there’s a reason for not doing so.

Of course it could largely be resolved by having signage, staff etc directing people the right way.