• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

I don’t recall anyone saying that NST was definitely opening for the beginning of season (mostly because no one is stupid enough to assume any ride will definitely open on opening day).

The work that has been done is clearly for a reopening. The only real question now is when?

Pretty obvious after seeing it on Saturday that it is going to be opening at some point this season. I suspect now that Alton Manor is open they can focus more resource in to getting Sub-Terra to where it needs to be.

Good news all round as Valley is a bit of a non-event without Nemesis.

Hopefully they update it a bit, new video in the batching area, longer sequence on the drop towers etc.

Said it before but there’s the core ingredients of a very good attraction there if the creative resource was put into it, not sure it would necessarily take much more investment either.

Last edited:
I do wonder if the ride's plot will have any tweaks done to it though given how much of this season's budget has gone into Alton Manor, not sure what they'd be able to spend on. I have already stated this before on here in which what the new plot for the ride I've mentioned is based on the mention idea of corruption within Phalanx is that could mean a return of the Nemesis worshippers from the early days of the ride who when we go on later on into the season have revealed to have hijacked Phalanx and Sub Terra could have its plot starting about the same to see the egg but then comes the twist when you are seated is that you find out its all a trap and you will be dropped into the pit in which you will be human sacrifices for Nemesis and you can have all the interaction there.

Pretty much a underground version of Wicker Man's plot in which incidentally if you follow the original backstory for Nemesis of how worshippers would sacrifice to please Nemesis, it would actually be following the ride's original backstory which would be a nice touch. The real key for the ride to have a longer lasting impact is that they can keep staff numbers down which killed it in the first place even if, we're led to be believe that Merlin has dusted off the cheque book compared to previous years, would help give the ride a more positive long term standing on the park.

If this is being linked to the Nemesis project then I suspect any budget will come out of what is allocated to that. Depending on how they want to play it, it could even come out of the marketing budget if it is to be used to build hype for 2024.

I must say, I do feel rather sorry for the ride compared to other failed Merlin rides such as DBGT and that as this ride was pretty much ABC Ride's breakthrough for entering theme parks IIRC in which while the ride system itself worked, it was let down by everything else which is down on Merlin's half. Then again even if all the effects worked as intended on opening day and didn't get the barrage of negative comments then I'm not sure honestly if the ride would have had a better fate if it still had a high staff cost.

Honestly, had they simply just gone for a straight copy of Alien ExtraTERRORestrial Encounter in which it was a simple 'in-the-round' theatre which while would have been nothing more than a blatant copy of the ride but it would have likely have been a much better experience overall and possibly, if it didn't require high staff numbers, then might have still been with us now?

I must say, I do feel rather sorry for the ride compared to other failed Merlin rides such as DBGT and that as this ride was pretty much ABC Ride's breakthrough for entering theme parks IIRC in which while the ride system itself worked, it was let down by everything else which is down on Merlin's half. Then again even if all the effects worked as intended on opening day and didn't get the barrage of negative comments then I'm not sure honestly if the ride would have had a better fate if it still had a high staff cost.

Honestly, had they simply just gone for a straight copy of Alien ExtraTERRORestrial Encounter in which it was a simple 'in-the-round' theatre which while would have been nothing more than a blatant copy of the ride but it would have likely have been a much better experience overall and possibly, if it didn't require high staff numbers, then might have still been with us now?

From whats been said some of the closure was due to a ride restraint issue.

There was quite a bit of activity earlier today, with more work on the queue line taking place, a chap in overalls in and out of the building and plenty of noise from within.
Still nothing to give the game away as to whether it will be the ride returning or otherwise, but I have no doubt remaining that the building will be used in some capacity, and my hunch says fairly soon.

I’d be fairly stunned if it was anything other than the ride returning at this point.

There’s too much activity in and out for too long for it to be a scaremaze (particularly as that would almost certainly be a temporary attraction ). It took them what, a month or two to knock up Project 42?

I’d be fairly stunned if it was anything other than the ride returning at this point.

There’s too much activity in and out for too long for it to be a scaremaze (particularly as that would almost certainly be a temporary attraction ). It took them what, a month or two to knock up Project 42?
I would rather they took their time (I know they’ve been working on it for ages) and opened it perhaps with Nemesis next year.

More this goes on, the more I think this may be the case. The buzz for the ride will be much higher with Nemesis back up and running in its new form.

I would rather they took their time (I know they’ve been working on it for ages) and opened it perhaps with Nemesis next year.

More this goes on, the more I think this may be the case. The buzz for the ride will be much higher with Nemesis back up and running in its new form.

To me it looks imminent, new tvs in the batching area, speakers being installed in the queue etc. they’re finishing touches not infrastructure works.

Personally think it will be open within a month or so but that’s a complete guess, I’d be very surprised if it was for next season though.