• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

A queue line first not being used for anything and now a pre show video not being used even though it’s testing? What next for this forum?😂 there’s a high chance the same video is being used

Just seen someone on Facebook pointing out that the video in TPWW’s recording is different to the old one as the animation of lifts descending to the core has been removed as well as the “security is guaranteed” text on the screen. Watching old POVs seems to confirm that this is correct.

Hence, if the old vid has been slightly edited I would imagine we will be getting a slightly refined pre-show but the same overall storyline as surely they wouldn’t have made an edited version of the old one if we were getting a new vid and storyline all together

Just seen someone on Facebook pointing out that the video in TPWW’s recording is different to the old one as the animation of lifts descending to the core has been removed as well as the “security is guaranteed” text on the screen. Watching old POVs seems to confirm that this is correct.

Hence, if the old vid has been slightly edited I would imagine we will be getting a slightly refined pre-show but the same overall storyline as surely they wouldn’t have made an edited version of the old one if we were getting a new vid and storyline all together
That’s a good spot actually! Not easily noticeable without comparing!

Does anyone have footage of the preshow before so can we can compare to before because I can't honestly remember how it went before with my only memory is of Nemesis looking like a crab spider monster thingy on its rampage.

To be fair it wouldn’t take much to change the video even at the last minute. For testing purposes they can run whatever is in the VCR and swap it over when ready.

The voiceover and description of you going into the lifts to go down to the central core etc is exactly the same, it’s literally just missing the graphic of the lift descending.

Weird, possible that there was more than one version of the original video perhaps?

Last edited:
I wonder what changes (if any) they will have made to it. I only ever rode it once when it had first opened and before the scare maze was added.

If they just copied the old extraTERRORestrial it could be pretty good. Wouldn’t need too much tweaking to be done either.

I wonder what changes (if any) they will have made to it. I only ever rode it once when it had first opened and before the scare maze was added.

If they just copied the old extraTERRORestrial it could be pretty good. Wouldn’t need too much tweaking to be done either.

I’ve been saying this for years.

If it was me - change the video to link it to the new nemesis story.

Change the ride sequence so you go up and down the drop towers more than once to simulate some kind of battle with the alien.

Have longer periods in the darkness with the special effects where it feels like the creature is walking around the show building.

Keep the (excellent) lift escape scene the same.

Ditch the scaremaze.

Weird, possible that there was more than one version of the original video perhaps?
I mean, there definitely was. The pre-show was changed for Sub-Terra 1.2.

I couldn't tell you from memory what changed between the two, but there was definite tinkering.

Where was the video with the explanation of who the Phalanx are etc with the worldwide locations etc? Was that in the queue or the batching area as well?

Maybe the lifts descending have been removed from the pre show because they've removed the drop towers, and "security is guaranteed" has been removed because they've swapped them with a fairground ride.

Just need Drayton to reopen Pirates and we can all go back to normal.

This would also end the debate over whether Curse or Hex is the best dark ride in the UK. Win win.