• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

I was wondering was there any chance they could include a second drop to the sequence?

It would take too long.

The way the tower works there is a catch car on the end of a chain. This has to be at the bottom of the tower before the drop.

The basic sequence is you drop, the catch takes hold of the gondola, lifts it to the top, the gondola connects to the holding system, the catch car returns to the bottom of the tower.

When you ride it as you leave your seat after the drop look at the top of the tower and you can see the chain racing back to get the catch to the bottom again.

Plus the thrill for new riders is they don’t expect the drop.

Doubt it, sounds like everything’s staying the same, don’t think it’d make sense for the creature to attack, you drop down, the emergency alerts about detonation start playing, and then the Phalanx are like “actually lads you can drop again and disintegrate in this facility”.

It would also do the ride capacity no good, and without the bottom scene changing somehow, would be pretty pointless

Agree but now you mention it I do think that there’s room in this attraction for the Phalanx saying ‘actually lads’ in one context or any other.

Doubt it, sounds like everything’s staying the same, don’t think it’d make sense for the creature to attack, you drop down, the emergency alerts about detonation start playing, and then the Phalanx are like “actually lads you can drop again and disintegrate in this facility”.

It would also do the ride capacity no good, and without the bottom scene changing somehow, would be pretty pointless
Actually there's an obvious story beat to explain it. The tower returns to the top only for one of the creatures from below to grab it, dragging you back down again.

But I agree there's no need to add a second drop. And unlike Th13teen which can do more than just drop (the small drop before the main drop) it sounds like Sub-Terra has a fixed drop, return, reset sequence

Having experienced it before, I don’t think a second drop would work, particularly as only one monster has hatched, not any from the “off limits nest”.

Anyway, hopefully this makes Forbidden Valley feel more alive, because Funk’n’Fly is now starting to have regular issues again (and it’s not ideal in the first place) and Galactica and The Blade aren’t really cutting it

At least one of the eggs down the bottom has also hatched. Although admittedly If you are not on the correct tower to see it you wouldn't know.

FOotB8GX0AMnrc1.jpg

So does anyone think we'll be getting any new merchandise for Sub-Terra? I know there used to be the small shop in the area which i doubt will make a return but i am curious if we'll see shirts, mugs, the usual next year.

It should probably be under “Thrills” as it was always classified as thrill ride, and is inconsistent with the app listing. Spinjam (even made and error with in putting SpinJam), Twistatron and Funk’n’Fly should all be under thrills, and I’d argue that Spinball should be as well even though it’s always been under laughs and frights.

Anyway, saw all the staff in their Phalanx uniforms practising yesterday, and the building is being cleaned today

FwvO895WwAEm70C

Credit to dean8001 on twitter, first signs have been installed. including the Ride Access Pass entrance one on the right hand side of the image (this was a different sign previously)
I can't really tell, but on the left hand side by the baggage hold looks like the black flaps that used to hang down from the pre-show. Not unless they are something else.

Last edited:
RAP entrance was always through the open gate in the photo above. The sign is new but the location appears the same

It’s an adequate filler attraction, just hope they revise the way to staff/actors dealt with guests as some will find it very uncomfortable if they return to the shouting. It basically used to feel like a scare maze with a little drop tower in the middle. I’m sure there will be some new additions to the experience, let’s just hope they are executed correctly and reliable. Two new/refurbished dark rides in a year is very good to see so let’s hope they keep the filler additions coming like this into the future.

I don't know if I should go on it or not when I go, because I have a phobia of caves and I am thinking does it look like a cave inside if not I will go on but, if it does look like a cave I will not be going on it. I ask of you tell me should I or should I not go on Nemesis Sub-terra your worst nightmare... underground!

It does look relatively cave-like, particularly as you exit the first lifts. Maybe consider facing your fears? It might be the best thing you ever do!

It really depends wether you are confident in yourself to be able to keep the fact that it’s just a ride in your mind, it’s only really the drop section that will maybe cause you issues, but it’s easy to keep to some reality in there due to the ride mechanisms. Apart from that only you can be the judge, as it’s you who has the fear. Worst case senario is you don’t enjoy the experience and it’s over relatively quickly.

It really depends wether you are confident in yourself to be able to keep the fact that it’s just a ride in your mind, it’s only really the drop section that will maybe cause you issues, but it’s easy to keep to some reality in there due to the ride mechanisms. Apart from that only you can be the judge, as it’s you who has the fear. Worst case senario is you don’t enjoy the experience and it’s over relatively quickly.
Not quite the worst case scenario the real worst case scenario is, I think I am in a cave I freak out and become un-able to move in which case I will be removed from the attraction.