• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

I'd do it, it's certainly an experience for sure. This might sound like silly advice to give with someone with a fear, but just think it's not a cave when you go in. It's only the middle section which involves this, and it might help if you note that you can see a fire exit as you look to the right hand side, to remind you that it's not a cave. If you don't like it at least you'll be able to say you've tried it and won't ever have to go on it again

Not quite the worst case scenario the real worst case scenario is, I think I am in a cave I freak out and become un-able to move in which case I will be removed from the attraction.
Could be worse, imagine if it is a rethemed clone of Alien ExtraTERRORestrial Encounter at WDW with instead of it being a four drop towers is of you 'in the round' theatre with you stuck at the bottom of a cave with you strapped in your seat with nowhere out and trapped with Nemesis babies running amok...that would have been utterly terrifying for me.

Could be worse, imagine if it is a rethemed clone of Alien ExtraTERRORestrial Encounter at WDW with instead of it being a four drop towers is of you 'in the round' theatre with you stuck at the bottom of a cave with you strapped in your seat with nowhere out and trapped with Nemesis babies running amok...that would have been utterly terrifying for me.
Now that, is worse.

Not quite the worst case scenario the real worst case scenario is, I think I am in a cave I freak out and become un-able to move in which case I will be removed from the attraction.
As I say I don’t have any understanding of your fears so I apologise if that sounded condescending. Maybe it’s best to wait till it reopens to hear and see other people’s opinions and images from inside. It’s hard for anyone to advice with it being such a long time since it last operated.

Personally, I don't expect to see as many staff/actors as there might've been in the previous edition of this ride. I imagine they've slimmed it down as much as they can while still retaining a decent throughput.

Personally, I don't expect to see as many staff/actors as there might've been in the previous edition of this ride. I imagine they've slimmed it down as much as they can while still retaining a decent throughput.

They absolutely need to have done that otherwise it will become uneconomical to operate again.

A filler attraction cannot be sustainable if it requires 10 staff to run it.

I don't know if I should go on it or not when I go, because I have a phobia of caves and I am thinking does it look like a cave inside if not I will go on but, if it does look like a cave I will not be going on it. I ask of you tell me should I or should I not go on Nemesis Sub-terra your worst nightmare... underground!
One of my main thoughts when I first rode it was: 'that wasn't very cave like'.

If it wasn't for the pre-show videos talking about entering a cave complex and a very small area before you enter 'the lab' there's very little in the way of convincing rock work in the ride.

Even the main centrepiece of the ride, where you are supposedly dropping into a cave filled with eggs, really looks more like a rock centrepiece in a concrete room.

I think the level of cave-i-ness is probably summed up in this Tweet we put out a few years back:

I'd love to thank they themed it similar to the underground passage to the upside down in stranger things

I wonder whether they could get away with the extra staff this year to tie it in with Nemesis. At the very least, get some actors over Scarefest/Fireworks. Then strip it back in 2024 so it's staffed more like a filler ride.

By design, it's a challenging ride to cut staff back on without impeding the experience.

I wonder if it will be able to cope with the inevitable big queues it’s going to get for the first weekend without having too much downtime.

I wonder if it will be able to cope with the inevitable big queues it’s going to get for the first weekend without having too much downtime.
The old Sub-Terra wasn't that reliable (I think) but hopefully everything will be working well.