• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

What is this silly fashion for quoting from half a decade ago?
Out of time and context, will be amusing in another decade or so I suppose.
Well I thought it would amuse some people. I only did it because the thread was moved and I had a notification appear saying @Jb85 had started a new thread. When I clicked on it, it took me to the first message of this thread.

Next time, I'll think again when I'm trying to make people laugh.

Well I thought it would amuse some people. I only did it because the thread was moved and I had a notification appear saying @Jb85 had started a new thread. When I clicked on it, it took me to the first message of this thread.

Next time, I'll think again when I'm trying to make people laugh.

To be fair you don’t need to go back years to find examples of people being dismissive of the ride’s chances of re-opening, try months.

To be fair you don’t need to go back years to find examples of people being dismissive of the ride’s chances of re-opening, try months.
You're right you don't. And I wouldn't have done if it wasn't for the fact that the notification popped up linking to the first post of this thread which asked about it opening in the future.

Never mind. Moving on.

So I’m told, the restraints issue was quite bad today in that two members of staff couldn’t get the restraints to lock so had to keep getting people to switch seats until it worked, which took about 10 minutes

That'd explain the extremely long queues. Combine low throughput with lots of RAP guests and main queue is probably moving at half the speed it did when it opened.

In fact looking back I think NST was the last major ride built before dedicated RAP entrances became a thing, as opposed to enter via exit

That'd explain the extremely long queues. Combine low throughput with lots of RAP guests and main queue is probably moving at half the speed it did when it opened.

In fact looking back I think NST was the last major ride built before dedicated RAP entrances became a thing, as opposed to enter via exit
And when Fastrack is added it'll move even slower.

So I did it twice today (start and end of the day), the throughputs are definitely bad, and way worse than I ever remember it being. You just stand in the queue for ages before moving. The same outside baggage and then the same on the pre show.

The restraint issue is the same as when it shut in 2015, with it locking very tight compared to originally.

They were only loading 8 people per row all day, I assume because of the restraint issue. On my first ride one tower they spent ages trying to get it to lock, moving people around, etc. of course this means it takes ages and then causes the delays before the pre show starts.

A few spoilers below of the changes.
The pre show is largely the same, few updates graphics and videos of nemesis track being delivered, the narration is the same. They have added more tvs in there though so you can watch it better, and they’re added some annoying music in there.

Lifts going down are the same, and the bit outside the lift is the same but new lighting and I think some new announcements.

The chamber is definitely brighter now, not sure in a fan as you can see all the ride mechanisms more. The video for the ride and audio is basically the same as before, as is the egg breaking, drop and rising back up. The lighting has changed at the bottom however. All the effects were on today including the water at the top and bottom, leg ticklers and back pokers. I would say however the emergency lighting and exit signs are too bright and it does make you see a lot more when you drop and rise than I remember you being able to see before.

Now when you rise up the countdown timer has gone and it’s just replaced by the evacuation messages, similar to before. The screens now tell you to get up and leave with an arrow to the exit. I guess they don’t want the countdown as it rushes people and probably cause accidents and stuff.

Exit lift is the same as before and was working very well today.

Now the scare maze bit at the end has had the biggest change, however I would say the worse. It’s now themed to being disinfected from the alien, it’s got new announcements and signage compared to before. The first bit of the exit is the same with the fences either side and the actors, however these were pretty pointless today and didn’t add anything to the ride, they also just had the red boiler suits on and none of the makeup they used to wear or the gas masks. I would say that definitely needs improving. Then the second half the the exit is now bright white with screens on one wall and Phalanx graphics all about being decontaminated. It’s all a bit odd and feels to me it’s been shoehorned to get it to fit in with the new nemesis theme.

The ending is definitely not as scary as before, it’s lost a lot of the loud bangs, air cannons, etc and is a bit of a let down unfortunately, and I don’t really know why they felt they needed to waste money changing it.

It definitely needs the lighting sorting in places, as some parts are really bright and when you compare it to the curse it feels a lot more basic

Wasn't problems with the restraints part of the original reason it closed?
Partly, as in it required money they weren't prepared to spend at the time to fix.

The main reason was to downgrade the park when they went through their insane death by 1000 cuts period - where they cut the park back to the bone on top of cuts that had already been cut on top of cuts from the years before.

Or "Post Crash" if you believe the Smiler Crash/Brexit/Covid/Ukraine/Economy/"it's early days, give them time"/whatever apologists.

So with the restraints. Can they be compared to another ride on the park. I get on wickerman and spinball, for example. Will I fit on this?

Did a couple of rides yesterday, I've only ever done it twice, once in 2012 after the exit corridor was installed and in its last year in 2015. I actually enjoy it, once your in the ride proper its good fun, however it has been said before but it has the dullest exterior of a ride I've ever seen and there's a lot of faff getting everyone sorted which makes queuing tedious. The end is also definitely missing something and needs a final jump scare where you get a glimpse of the creature, which would also solve the issue when there's inevitably no actors in there.

Just stood in the Sub-Terra queue at the moment and although the queue isn't long in length it is moving extremely slowly. It's currently one group of 32 every 10 minutes.

After riding today and looking forward to its reopening I have to say I was a little underwhelmed (after liking the previous iteration).

Firstly I do prefer that the hosts no longer shout at everyone because I think that p!ssed a lot of people off on the original version. I also appreciate that the videos have been updated to now reflect the newer branding / story.

The negatives: the throughput is diar. They're currently only batching every 10 minutes with a new group not entering until the previous group have began the ride sequence in the observation chamber. The restraints are also causing some major problems.

Unfortunately now with the air cannons and bangs being removed from the ride and the ending section as well as the ending corridor re done the ride is no longer scary like when it closed before meaning no one runs out of the exit or panics in any way meaning the ending is back to being bland like it's original opening day. Hopefully these things come back soon. /SPOILER]