• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Random question is the drop tower at Blackpool dungeons the same exact one as subterra? I did that one yesterday and fit fine does that mean I'll also fit on N:ST just fine?

Just did Sub Terra for the first time since it re-opened. Mixed feelings on it. The positive is that I forgot just how good the ride is up until the exit. I really enjoyed the whole thing up to that point. However the scare maze exit they put onto it originally was fantastic, now it just…….ends. Was much better before. The restraints don’t half dig into your legs too. I know they have had major issues with them but bloody hell they are TIGHT!
Overall it’s definitely worth doing but probably a 1 and done for most I’d imagine?

How tight are the restraints?

I have pretty big thighs from years of cycling and i found funk and fly waay too tight for me....is it similar or worse?
So much worse. The problem comes when u r the biggest person in your tower which I was. The bar was shoved down so hard by the ride ops (not their fault they have to) that it was cutting the blood supply to my left leg. Big tip for you is have nothing in your pockets if possible. Reason it was worse in my left leg was cause I had my wallet in that pocket.

I think the reason why its appeal is short lived for people is because the effects aren’t particularly well done. When you ride it for the first time, or re rides with a significant break between rides, they all work together brilliantly and it feels incredibly overwhelming. However a large part of the reason why it works is the element of surprise, which you obviously lose once you’re no longer new to it, it then doesn’t feel that scary and because the effects aren’t brilliant there’s not much to draw you back into it for re-rides.

I’ve said all along I’m quite a big fan of the ride so I personally will ride it more the once per trip, I love the story and particularly the exit lift. I personally never enjoyed the scaremaze and thought it was a bit random so I’m not arsed about the loss there, although I do wish they’d done something more with the exit corridor.

That said, I’ve also said all along that I hoped they’d do the work to add the extra 30% or so to the ride which would probably have made it one of the best dark rides in the country, so it’s a shame that they haven’t, although to be honest I can understand why they’ve consigned it to mitigating an error rather than actively trying ti fix it.

Did Sub-Terra for the first time yesterday. Mixed feelings, think it's great how the tower works but the restraint issue needs fixing. Why haven't they got individual ones and instead a great big long one?
See why it gets a large queue with how slow it is to load people in etc.
How does the drop work? Do you go down and back up?
Exit is a bit naff after the lift. Just suddenly ends doesn't it.
1 And done I think for me.

Did Sub-Terra for the first time yesterday. Mixed feelings, think it's great how the tower works but the restraint issue needs fixing. Why haven't they got individual ones and instead a great big long one?
See why it gets a large queue with how slow it is to load people in etc.
How does the drop work? Do you go down and back up?
Exit is a bit naff after the lift. Just suddenly ends doesn't it.
1 And done I think for me.

Yes you board at the top of the tower and it drops underground.

I have heard that if you can fit on Wicker Man and Spinball fine then you will be ok on NST, is there any truth to this?

I’m going on Tuesday and really don’t want to do a walk of shame. I’m not even that large but I’m bigger than your average person and a tad worried.

I have heard that if you can fit on Wicker Man and Spinball fine then you will be ok on NST, is there any truth to this?

I’m going on Tuesday and really don’t want to do a walk of shame. I’m not even that large but I’m bigger than your average person and a tad worried.
I went on it on sunday and was worried as have big thighs from cycling

I don't have a problem on spinball or wickerman but it really was touch and go on sub-terra

The ride ops had to lean over me pushing down really hard and asking everyone on my side to also push down...took a couple of attempts but they managed it

Nearly cut off all circulation in my legs in the process though:D

On the subject of the ride i really enjoyed it...i dodged all spoilers and all i knew was it was a drop ride...i didn't bother with it years ago as the queue always put me off