• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Didn’t realise until today that a few words were cut from the pre show in the rides second life. “Back in 1994” and “to pin down and disable it” both cut from the 2012 iteration for some reason.

I assume the pin it down and disable it was removed due to the Smiler incident. The other is probably just related to the rebuild of Nemesis.

Yeah I realised after posting that it might have been due to The Smiler incident.

Is this still having a lot of downtime/severe restraint issues? Had heard they are getting the whole row to push down on the bar which was *slightly* speeding things up, but that’s just what I’ve heard from one person.

Might go on Sunday and have my first go on it since it closed several years ago. What time is it (the ride) opening these days?

Tried to get on it today for the first ever time, but it broke down after i traversed all the way across from Dark Forest.
Came back a few hours later but it was on a 45 minute wait and i was shattered by that time.

A cool but maybe unknown fact: the red veins on the Sub-Terra sign (not the 3D tentacles, the veins on the black part of the sign), light up at night. Saw in a recent vlog that one of the staff members had mentioned it. A nice little touch that I'm sure we'll see in a few months.

Last edited:
I did sub terra twice - yesterday and the day before. Having not done it in its previous incarnation I can’t comment on whether it’s better or worse, however I can say I enjoyed it. The Phallanx staff were authoritative but not over the top, and although the restraints caused a bit of a faff, having them lowered wasn’t too much an ordeal.
Day one had a huge problem on restraint release though. They told us not to move until they’d released us, then took so long to release us the room had reset before we got out to the lift which ruined the immersion a bit. Everything else passed without problem - although the hazmat suit wearing actor was lacklustre in their performance - projecting “bored to tears” through a gas mask is quite a skill though.
Day two was much slicker, and after my feedback, even the (terrified by ghost train) cautious @Chimpy gave it a go. Restraints were better, and release also went well. Hazmat actor was not really doing an awful lot though (again).
I know a lot of people dislike it, but I reckon it’s not bad. Not worth a huge queue, but definitely worth a go if queue is short. It’s different to the other rides on offer, and if you’re working your way up to scare attractions it’s not a bad place to start.
Chimpy would say the grave digger outside Curse is way scarier than sub terra.

A cool but maybe unknown fact: the red veins on the Sub-Terra sign (not the 3D tentacles, the veins on the black part of the sign), light up at night. Saw in a recent vlog that one of the staff members had mentioned it. A nice little touch that I'm sure we'll see in a few months.
That's very good. It's not that important, but a nice touch nonetheless!

Tried Sub-terra twice today for the first time and I actually think it's one of the most overhated attractions I've done, it's important to note I didn't queue either time and there was minimal restraint faff.

I also went in with the expectations of it being a crap attraction from everything I've heard so was fairly surprised when it turned out to be good fun, lots of kids coming out in tears too.

The actor in the exit hall first time he was staggering around like he was dying and the second time he was banging on the fence and freaking out, would be so much better if they had a few scare actors in that scene though, but I understand operational costs and all that

The second elevator scene was actually fun and the elevator being bashed and shaken around and it being pitch black, people started screaming loudly just to scare their friends, was a good laugh.

And the main part with whole drop sequence with the egg hatching, being poked in in the back and legs being whipped was pretty well done, honestly though I have a thing for underground caves so the theme very much suits me

The drop packs a punch for what it is and the actor in the exit hall first time he was staggering around like he was dying on the path and the second time he was banging on the fence and freaking out, would be so much better if they had a few scare actors in that scene though, but I understand operational costs and all that.

7.5/10 I give subterra, bare in mind I'm rating this as a filler attraction something I'd enjoy if there's a 20 minute wait but if I waited an hour I would have been disappointed and probably would have gave this a 5/10 instead.

Tried Sub-terra twice today for the first time and I actually think it's one of the most overhated attractions I've done, it's important to note I didn't queue either time and there was minimal restraint faff.

I also went in with the expectations of it being a crap attraction from everything I've heard so was fairly surprised when it turned out to be good fun, lots of kids coming out in tears too.

The actor in the exit hall first time he was staggering around like he was dying and the second time he was banging on the fence and freaking out, would be so much better if they had a few scare actors in that scene though, but I understand operational costs and all that

The second elevator scene was actually fun and the elevator being bashed and shaken around and it being pitch black, people started screaming loudly just to scare their friends, was a good laugh.

And the main part with whole drop sequence with the egg hatching, being poked in in the back and legs being whipped was pretty well done, honestly though I have a thing for underground caves so the theme very much suits me

The drop packs a punch for what it is and the actor in the exit hall first time he was staggering around like he was dying on the path and the second time he was banging on the fence and freaking out, would be so much better if they had a few scare actors in that scene though, but I understand operational costs and all that.

7.5/10 I give subterra, bare in mind I'm rating this as a filler attraction something I'd enjoy if there's a 20 minute wait but if I waited an hour I would have been disappointed and probably would have gave this a 5/10 instead.

Pretty much my thoughts on it.

Main issue is re-rideability it loses the fear/shock factor quite quickly if you do it more than once each trip (I’ve not ridden it since it reopened).

Feel like they could have dealt with that by making some improvements to it but in any case it’s a decent ride and there’s not really anything else like it around.

Did this yesterday and now they got rid of the actors (we only had the ride ops) and thought it was so much better and my 11 year old was scared so much she was crying so it does it’s job so well.

Did this yesterday and now they got rid of the actors (we only had the ride ops) and thought it was so much better and my 11 year old was scared so much she was crying so it does it’s job so well.
If there were no actors, what was the final section of the ride like?

If there were no actors, what was the final section of the ride like?
The ride op just said everyone out now quickly and we made it to the lift. After the lift the corridor was partly filled with smoke and we came to a section that looked like it had scanned us and just walked out the end.
The effects on the ride itself had improved so much since I last went on it in 2014. Like when the egg hatched didn’t that use to happen after u had come back up.

The ride op just said everyone out now quickly and we made it to the lift. After the lift the corridor was partly filled with smoke and we came to a section that looked like it had scanned us and just walked out the end.
The effects on the ride itself had improved so much since I last went on it in 2014. Like when the egg hatched didn’t that use to happen after u had come back up.
The egg always hatched before you dropped, both in this version, and the 2012-2015 version.

Oh damn I had no idea that the very first version of it did. Can't imagine that, seems an odd idea for sequencing.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but this is interesting 👀

Screenshot_20230720-202845-991.png

(Click on the icon with the three sliders on the left of the map)

Edit: it's linked to the Observation Platform.

Last edited: