• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Log Flume

I'm sure that The Flume will be replaced with another water ride, and I do hope that it is a new flume style attraction. I have always said that flume rides are staple attractions for theme park; they are one of the key rides for families. You just have to look at the queues that The Flume got every single summer to see that!

Clearly it won't be anything like Chiapas (thematically) not least because they'd never get planning permission for such an experience! A nice modern flume with a good layout and some nice theming peices/elements would suit me down to the ground. Mack would be a nice choice as well, although Zamperla have a selection of water rides which are no doubt cheaper. Merlin are currently installing a Fabbri spinning wild mouse at Gardaland so I'm afraid these poorer options cannot be ruled out.

:)

I won't lie in saying I'd like Mack or Intamin for a new flume, but Pirate Falls at Legoland Windsor is a decent log flume that happens to be made by Zamperla, so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Towers got one.

I doubt they would build an indoor water ride like Valhalla given the amount of decent outdoor space they have there, unless they build an indoor ride and also build another ride on the side, i.e. 2 rides where the Flume was....

I reckon they'll end up building a woodie on the site as I'm not sure there's a need to replace it with another water ride (although I do agree they are a staple of theme parks)

I would love something like the valhalla. But I don't see it as their style for a big indoor flume.

I think a water coaster to replace the flume would be perfect. Not necessarily with extensive indoor sections or even outdoor theming but just something more interesting than the regular slow, meandering flume.

Flumes, as @Rob alludes to, and as I myself say, are a theme park mainstay.

A park like Towers IMO needs one. Phanny showed it can done modern to exceptional standards, but they've moved out of Towers' class now, they're up a league to them without question, blitzing them, so I'd not expect a Chiapas.

I would however be disappointed with a water coaster. I just don't think it suits the Towers demographic. The ride was always busy and remained popular right up until it closed.

A modern, clean, fresh, well themed Flume needs to replace it for their market - anything else IMO would be daft, then spend the other cash on another top coaster and/or dark ride.

No way would I go for a Valhalla style or water coaster, they're thrill attractions, the Flume is an all age family attraction, exactly what they need to replace it with - especially given CBeebies land, and their desire to have as broad a demographic as possible.

The Flume, like the Rapids, is one of those rare attractions that all can go on and enjoy as a family equally.

No way would I go for a Valhalla style or water coaster, they're thrill attractions, the Flume is an all age family attraction,

Journey to Atlantis at SeaWorld Orlando has a height restriction of 42 inches, which is 1.06m. Alton Towers Flume has a 1m height restriction. So I don't really see why a simple water coaster would be that much less family friendly. The drop on the current flume is pretty steep so I don't see why a water coaster, would be that much more scary.

I can't see Alton building a new flume tbh. Alton like their record breakers and I can't see them passing up an opportunity to use an area of that size which has existing planning permission on it. The flume has a big footprint and there is also additional land surrounding it which can be used for something big.

reversing flumes already exist, the last on i rode was at a small theme park in Norway, the highlight of that ride was that it was open while still under construction, complete with temporary plywood sections on the trough keeping the water level up, and a Que line that was being worked on and having block paving added whilst in use.

@DiogoJ42

"Psy-Flume"

Diogo wins the internet for the day.

(PS, come on hunny, back to the hotel, every time we agree with each other we're supposed to have a love in remember, now bring that slaphead here so I can plant a big one on it)

No way would I go for a Valhalla style or water coaster, they're thrill attractions, the Flume is an all age family attraction, exactly what they need to replace it with - especially given CBeebies land, and their desire to have as broad a demographic as possible.

That's given me a thought. Perhaps they're looking at a smaller, more family friendly log flume attraction as a possibility for the Spinball site (ie- the Rugrats flume in Nickelodeon Land)? This could potentially work in addition to a more thrilling attraction being put in on The Flume's site.

After all, The Flume was a colossal waste of a huge area of space - certainly capable of facilitating a Valhalla or Journey to Atlantis.

That's given me a thought. Perhaps they're looking at a smaller, more family friendly log flume attraction as a possibility for the Spinball site (ie- the Rugrats flume in Nickelodeon Land)? This could potentially work in addition to a more thrilling attraction being put in on The Flume's site.

After all, The Flume was a colossal waste of a huge area of space - certainly capable of facilitating a Valhalla or Journey to Atlantis.

That idea....I like it. Solves the problems of Sonic and Flume, and provides the chance for a new ride on the big site.