• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Log Flume

Apart from the boats and possibly signs, it ain't worth saving

Perhaps one of the drops with the muck and algae removed and a paint job with a boat frozen permanently half way down the chute with a couple of grinning mannequins?

Merlin could have a mini resin version on sale to recoup the cost (which wouldn't be much anyway).

I don't think we will see a flume in the future...

My guess is that it wood be something completely different.

See what you did there! ;)

We know that they were actively planning a woodie for 2017 so it would not surpise me if these plans, in a different form, resurfaced for 2018. However I would be disappointed if there were no plans for a direct flume replacement; such a ride is essential for a theme park like Alton Towers.

Coasters are great, we all love coasters, but we are talking about Alton Towers and not Cedar Point. The lack of non-coaster support rides is becoming more apparent with each passing year.

:)

After seeing what they are replacing ripsaw with, maybe they could replace the log flume with this

If you have ever been on one of those then you will know that it one of those fabled self operated rides, meaning the staffing costs for Alton towers would be zero, or very little, tip: dont forget to close the safety gate otherwise the ride wont go when you pull the green start cord

Wicksteed Park :) Death-traps though, it was a relatively common occurrence for them to flip over leaving the rider trapped underwater. IIRC a young girl died.

Cracking little ride though :D

Recent suggestion of a flume in a reworked CCL sounds fairly decent. Could/Would they is an entirely different matter

I think if they moved Spinball they could put a half decent indoor flume there

True, it could go there, but would it look good? Spinball is just stuck there as an out the box and put up kit with not a lot going for it in terms of landscaping etc. But if they were to remove this and put an indoor flume in it's place, it would be very hard to disguise it from just looking like a ride in a warehouse with a facade stuck to the front of it to give it some character (which is essentially what CATCF is).

You could put one there, but I think it'd be very hard to make it look appealing and attractive.

I find it highly unlikely that they would get planning permission for that site again as it blocks the view of the towers. wasn't it in the LTDP that that area would be reduced to a 5 meter height limit when / if sonic was removed? Also it would look out of place in my opinion and they would need to add a water system as well. Also do we actual think Merlin would properly execute an immersive indoor log flume? I for one think they would muck it up.

Depending on what SW8 turns out to be, I'm fairly certain we'll see some form of flume/water-drop ride re-appear at the park in the future as they're still extremely popular, they don't have to be massively expensive and they're marketable. There's a couple of potential locations, but my money would probably be on the back of the park, maybe the old coaster corner or possibly even as a Charlie replacement!

I think they should knock down Charlie, build an indoor log flume there with an outdoor section, the current Charlie position hides most of the unattractive warehouse looking building. That whole area could be redeveloped into a family area aimed at 8-12 years with some decent sized coasters like the mine train but with some nice theming of some sort, potentially even the long awaited woodie. Then the old flume site would be redeveloped with a dark or woodie.