• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Log Flume

For me, it should be a flume type ride - either a water coaster, or a modern flume. Has to tie in with either katana canyon or mutiny bay, but I'd prefer the latter as KC already has CRR (though, MB has battle galleons).

Hopefully, it would have a smaller footprint than flume, meaning a flat or two could be added to the site.

Exciting developments for towers.

Well known fact

Not so well known well known fact a little better known than was known before...

tumblr_la3ez2S3Fv1qc2d3ro1_500.jpg

Lots of free land, so many possibilities! Perhaps they could extend Mutiny Bay into a full on corner of the park with a new big ride, or even a brand new theme area all-together? Whatever happens, there will be a "World First" ride, you know how Mr Varney loves his world first marketing gimmicks. I just hope they make whatever it will be a unique experience to Alton Towers.

Just a new log flume would be nice. Ideally mack, on a smaller footprint using some kind of artificial mountain/hill side theming, maybe with an indoor section a-la splash mountain Would go great with the mutiny bay theme, maybe some kind of "treasure hunt" type thing?

This would leave the woods clear for a gloomy wood expansion of sorts if the footprint was made to be fairly compact. Doesn't necessarily mean length would be compromised either!

:)

Somebody asked on the Alton Towers twitter page if they could have one of The Flume''s bathtubs and received the reply that their fate had not yet been decided. I thought it would be a great idea to auction them off for charity, perhaps in aid of Merlin Magic Wand. One of them would look great in my back garden.

Also, as one of 2 rides that really put AT on the map in the early 1980''s and with 34 years of faithfull service, I think the old girl deserves a great send off.

Though no part is as iconic as the famous corkscrews that live "forever" at the entrance to the park, I think the flume should be immortalised somewhere as a true AT legend.

I'm sure they could keep a boat or so and put it somewhere, maybe as a planter in front of its' current location? As for the rest of it? Scrap it.