• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Shrek and friends Merlin Attraction for County Hall London

Re: New 'unknown' Merlin Attraction for County Hall London

There already has been a "BBC Experience", many years ago in Broadcasting House (long before the extention was built).

It was pants.

Was going to suggest maybe the Earth Explorer brand which Merlin managed in Belgium, till I remembered its been sold off.

Looks like a BBC-led IP based attraction such as a Doctor Who live experience is the most likely scenario.

Great find! I should think that will be it!

:)

Here's a logo courtesy of the OHIM database.

zldFrws.jpg

It's in use on the website http://shakespeares-england.co.uk/, which is operated by the Royal Shakespeare Company. Presumably Merlin are involved in this campaign.

The Shakespeare attraction does sound very interesting. Not to mention that the globe is just up the river as well.

And there was me wondering if it was going to be "the wonderful world of merlin"

Jordan said:
Here's a logo courtesy of the OHIM database.

zldFrws.jpg

It's in use on the website http://shakespeares-england.co.uk/, which is operated by the Royal Shakespeare Company. Presumably Merlin are involved in this campaign.

Given this website is already used to advertise Warwickshire I don't expect this to be the new attraction. Maybe Merlin got the trademark as something to do with Warwick Castle paying for the website to advertise Warwickshire?

Yeah, it seems unlikely to me that a 'Shakespeare's England' attraction would include a multi-motion simulator.

So "the wonder world of Merlin" could still be on. A attaction where you pay to get into a multimedia advert for all merlins attactions outside central london.

Enjoy obilivion / saw/ th13teen in the multi-motion simulator, or take a stroll though Wardley's land, an area deicated to the retire genius of merlin.

and final area is a interactive maze call 'upsellers revenge'. where you have to get thought without being stopped by an upseller.

:D

I think Doctor Who sounds most promising. Although why the BBC would out-source it to Merlin I do not know. Cbeebies land I can understand as it is being built in a Merlin park, but there is nothing stopping BBC Worldwide running this.

I wonder if the lifts at CATCF will be out of order this season, and it will be just a boat ride as the technology is been moved to London, to generate the illusion of been inside a giant Tardis :p

Joking aside, I do wonder if it will be a similar technology, but only on a larger scale?

Ian

delta79 said:
and final area is a interactive maze call 'upsellers revenge'. where you have to get thought without being stopped by and upseller.

:D

I doubt they'd make it too realistic though, or it would be impossible to actually win the game ;)

I noticed something interesting on one of the planning documents. Take a look at the document name on this document here, in the bottom right hand corner. It suggests the project is titled "Project Ogre".

Putting two-and-two-together, could this be a Shrek-themed attraction, given that the external theming is going to be green?

cZdqgQC.png

Project Ogre certainly screams 'Shrek'. I hope it's not the case, as I don't feel the franchise is particularly relevant anymore.

I was fairly sure that the use of green was simply more of a generic colour to depict signage, rather than the actual colour of anything being installed. I may be wrong though.

It says on the diagram "Final Colour reference to be confirmed".

Green is used a lot in diagrams because it's the most calming colour to look at - hence green rooms were places to go for actors and such before and between performances.

Well that's disappointing, so much potential to do something "London" related, and they have gone with Shrek.

Ian

Merlin are just taking the piss now aren't they? Why else would they add an attraction with such a bland thoughtless IP that will add nothing new or interesting to the County Hall attraction hub?

Stupid company, stupid decisions...

Benzin said:
Merlin are just taking the piss now aren't they? Why else would they add an attraction with such a bland thoughtless IP that will add nothing new or interesting to the County Hall attraction hub?

Stupid company, stupid decisions...

Because thousands of people will be interested in the attraction as it has such a well known film franchise attached to it.