• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

No Limits 2

Surprised to see this hasn't been posted yet. It's a video with a few NL2 screenshots and a preview of the Remote Block Brakes and Transfer Tracks. I don't know about you, but I could have hours of fun playing with the transfer track alone! :D

EDIT: Skip to 2:35 for the Transfer Track Demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ3OdBX2S_g#ws

I'm still not entirely sold on their environments, look at those original environment shots and compare them to UDK, But I think that does depend on the creator of the ride. Bring in some nice custom rocks and tree's to break up the repeating textures and I'm sure it'll look much better.

but those tracks and trains look gorgeous, I wonder how optimal they are in terms of performance? I wonder how high spec of a machine you would need to run this. It is a simulation, so they can get away with not being as accessible on a low spec system as games.

As a final note I am much much more looking forward to this than theme park studio... and I never played No Limits 1! :p

LewisNavex said:
Surprised to see this hasn't been posted yet. It's a video with a few NL2 screenshots and a preview of the Remote Block Brakes and Transfer Tracks. I don't know about you, but I could have hours of fun playing with the transfer track alone! :D

EDIT: Skip to 2:35 for the Transfer Track Demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ3OdBX2S_g#ws

Well, the reason it wasn't posted was because it was shown on the NL developers website at Christmas 2011!

You can go here to see everything: http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=news

I do also wonder whether my computer will run this, but I can run most of the ridiculously themed coasters on NL1 now, so hopefully I'll be fine.

JAMMYD778 said:
Brilliant brilliant work. Cannot wait for the release. The detail is astonishing compared with NL1. Also, as a hand builder, the new smoothing tool looks great. :D
Didn't you do the recreation of the smiler on youtube? I have to say they r amazing, the recreations couldn't be more accurate!

ashcoaster3 said:
JAMMYD778 said:
Brilliant brilliant work. Cannot wait for the release. The detail is astonishing compared with NL1. Also, as a hand builder, the new smoothing tool looks great. :D
Didn't you do the recreation of the smiler on youtube? I have to say they r amazing, the recreations couldn't be more accurate!

No no. I did not make the recreations of The Smiler on Youtube. They were made by the fantastically talented user 'Nemesis94' who did a great job. I simply made the videos for the two major versions of the recreation (Nemesis94's second and third posted videos) as stated in the video themselves. But I couldn't agree more with you, Nemesis94 did an outstanding job in the recreations. Lets hope the ride turns out the same as in the recreation.

P.S. I'm glad you liked the video but all credit for the No Limit's Side of thing's is Nemesis94.

Remember. SMILE. :twirly:

I've decided that if NL2 doesn't come out this year, I'm not going to bother. After over 8 years in development and no good update in 4 years now, I'm getting thoroughly bored of the thing! All the coaster styles are miles out of date and aren't customisable in any way, the last "big" update we saw introduced possibly one of the most unpopular and boring coaster styles out there (the Zamperla spinning mouse). I really don't think it's fair to take so ridiculously long to make a game and expect people to pay probably upwards of £40 or £50 for it, and then not to have an update for another 4 years.

Bear said:
I've decided that if NL2 doesn't come out this year, I'm not going to bother. After over 8 years in development and no good update in 4 years now, I'm getting thoroughly bored of the thing! All the coaster styles are miles out of date and aren't customisable in any way, the last "big" update we saw introduced possibly one of the most unpopular and boring coaster styles out there (the Zamperla spinning mouse). I really don't think it's fair to take so ridiculously long to make a game and expect people to pay probably upwards of £40 or £50 for it, and then not to have an update for another 4 years.

Can I just say that you have to bare in mind who is making this. Ole, Kevin and Tom are the only people producing this game and they also have full time jobs. Kevin and Tom do all the modelling, textures, etc and Ole is the programmer. In 5 years they have developed an entirely new system. It's not just another 'update' it's a whole new product being built from the ground up. We are talking millions of lines of code, complex algorithms and a hell of a lot of complicated maths for the physics and so much more.

You need to think about what they've achieved in 5 years and just how huge the new feature list is.

- All new track rendering, including far more detail than before.
- All new track editor with 'What you see is what you get' editing for the first time ever.
- All new terrain, environment and physics engine giving you the best graphics, realism and environments possible.
- A huge space to build in (You can build 5000ft tall coasters!)
- A massive amount of new trains, tracks and special animations.
- NLScript, allowing animated models, effects, particle systems and anything you can imagine, including switch tracks and dropping track features).
- Rain, Snow and weather effects.
- Invisible track mode to allow you to create invisible rides to use for videos or fun.

There are so so many more features I could list, but I don't have the time to type them all up, but just remember, this is what 1 programmer and 2 3d modelers can achieve in 5 years alongside full time jobs. When you compare the feature list and graphical capabilities of this vs. Theme Park Studio (Who have money and a mass of developers), you have to admit, this looks amazing.

Another update has appeared! :D

NoLimits2 Preview: Tech Demo Video

The NoLimits Development Team is proud to show a video of the NoLimits2 engine. Our last news came on April First. I was trying to fool you by saying that we concentrate on flat rides now and leave behind all the coasters. That was not true. Silly and bad joke, I know. However, we are absolutely serious about that the NoLimits2 engine is fully capable of simulating complex fun fair rides. In order to proof that, we created the video below. It features a full blown complex flat ride at a fun fair scene.

Here is an uncomplete list of effects you see in the video.
  • Flat ride scene object 'Tango'
  • Olympia Looping track imported from NL1
  • External ride view for 'Tango' and camera flight
  • Invisible coaster track used for path as part of the camera flight
  • Various additional lights all over the place, some are casting shadows
  • Volumetric fog effect using Z-Feather sprites
  • Volumetric light effect
  • Halo effect
  • Special spot lights with projected textures
  • Complex scripting controlling lights, flat ride objects and effects
  • Animated light textures created with internal tool
  • Dynamic Day/Night cycle
  • Motion blurv
  • Walk mode
  • Scripted music (.ogg files)
  • The first onride scenes were made using NL1

Hardly any post processing was used to make this video. Except for the video transitions and added text, everything comes directly from the engine. The motion blur effect is a non-realtime special effect part of the new improved AVI/MOV export. It is a professional feature to be used to simulate the shutter and exposure time of a real video camera. All the animations except for the coaster itself and the lights on the coaster loops and lift were made possible using the internal scripting language. Some special effects are a clever combination of special material settings, scripting and 3ds object triangles. Everything is user-land, that means users will be able to create similar rides, as long as they are familiar with scene object modelling (.3ds or .lwo) and have some advanced programming skills in an object oriented language. The engine's scripting language is my own design, it is object oriented and combines a subset of features from Java and C#. The team hopes you enjoy the video. Hopefully the video will make your wait for the final product less annoying. We are about 95% done with it, the ToDo list gets smaller each day. [ol]

And the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt1vMQ7WAV0#ws

This is far beyond the capabilities of my mind in comprehending how incredible this is. This is light years ahead of NL1, and any other coaster design games out there. The realism in this video is almost perfection, and there are so many beautiful touches- like the lighting, and the walking on the ground feature- that just completely make this simulator so incredible and so advanced. Everything that NL1 is but more attractive, has more features and easier and quicker to use...

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

I would condemn the fact that there's a barrel roll on a Dive Machine, but holy crap is that looking brilliantly smooth. And I love the "experimental" tab. No idea what it could be for, though.