• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Obscure UK Parks

No knock-off-Pinfari should ever be regarded as "historic".

Unless you're talking about it in the context of war crimes.

Last edited:
@speedy If you're equating a rusting Galaxi on a pier to a wooden mouse, I literally don't know how to respond to you.
It was the only SDC Galaxi coaster still operating in the UK, obviously not on the level of the Wild Mouse but I'd rather not see it go! Nothing we can do about it now, though.

It was the only SDC Galaxi coaster still operating in the UK, obviously not on the level of the Wild Mouse but I'd rather not see it go! Nothing we can do about it now, though.

I didn't know that. All I was getting at with this was trying to find out if it is actually for sale and why clarence pier are lying about this. Check out the coaster crazy vlog from 2017 and tell me it's just a rusty old pinfari. My only hope now is that a UK park will buy it and give it another lease of life.

I didn't know that. All I was getting at with this was trying to find out if it is actually for sale and why clarence pier are lying about this. Check out the coaster crazy vlog from 2017 and tell me it's just a rusty old pinfari. My only hope now is that a UK park will buy it and give it another lease of life.
That's what bothers me more. I wonder if they discovered something that made the refurb prohibitively expensive? Regardless staying quiet and deleted posts is not the way to go about it.

That's what bothers me more. I wonder if they discovered something that made the refurb prohibitively expensive? Regardless staying quiet and deleted posts is not the way to go about it.

Exactly, I know it's just a coaster and a galaxi (pinfari or whatever) but if it wasn't for that coaster I would not be on this forum today. Considering the trains are up for sale I would be very suspect about the whole refurb

Exactly, I know it's just a coaster and a galaxi (pinfari or whatever) but if it wasn't for that coaster I would not be on this forum today. Considering the trains are up for sale I would be very suspect about the whole refurb
If they're only selling the trains, would you not conclude that they are refurbing it with the intention of procuring new trains, or indeed the ride has reached the end of its usable life?

In terms of the park's communications, they will likely be swamped with questions from needy enthusiasts who demand to know what's going on. The park isn't a big entity. They will release information when they're good and ready if what they have posted is in fact not true.

"HEY! COME ON DOWN THIS YEAR. OUR HEADLINE RIDE FAILED ITS ADIPS BUT WE HAVE A WACKY WORM!"

If they're only selling the trains, would you not conclude that they are refurbing it with the intention of procuring new trains, or indeed the ride has reached the end of its usable life?

In terms of the park's communications, they will likely be swamped with questions from needy enthusiasts who demand to know what's going on. The park isn't a big entity. They will release information when they're good and ready if what they have posted is in fact not true.

"HEY! COME ON DOWN THIS YEAR. OUR HEADLINE RIDE FAILED ITS ADIPS BUT WE HAVE A WACKY WORM!"
"Galaxi required a costly refurbishment, so we've taken the decision to remove it and add some new rides for 2018" would be sufficient, but whatever works ;)

"Galaxi required a costly refurbishment, so we've taken the decision to remove it and add some new rides for 2018" would be sufficient, but whatever works ;)
If we're equating Skyways to Wild Mouse, Pleasure Beach did exactly that and look how that worked out.

The guy from slothy vlogs and his mate who does all the fun fair vlogs think theme parks UK. They were both saying it was going to be sold. Then a bloke I recognised from slothy vlog on CP piped up and said that it was just in for refurb. Those two then promptly changed their tune and adopted the official line.

All this fuss over a duff off the shelf old coaster that has kindly died.
The park is a commercial going concern, the change of ride line up is commercially sensitive information, and plans often change when issues arise when doing a full overhaul.
To call them liars is neither constructive or fair.
No wonder parks tend to find enthusiasts a bit of a pain at times.

All this fuss over a duff off the shelf old coaster that has kindly died.
The park is a commercial going concern, the change of ride line up is commercially sensitive information, and plans often change when issues arise when doing a full overhaul.
To call them liars is neither constructive or fair.
No wonder parks tend to find enthusiasts a bit of a pain at times.

They have said it will be back. It clearly isn't.cant wait to see the egg on their faces in 2020.

They have said it will be back. It clearly isn't.cant wait to see the egg on their faces in 2020.

I suspect they intended to refurb it, discovered it was uneconomical to do so and are now selling the cars.

They might reveal a new better coaster next year. No egg on faces.

I suspect they intended to refurb it, discovered it was uneconomical to do so and are now selling the cars.

They might reveal a new better coaster next year. No egg on faces.

This is going round in Circles. I doubt they will get a better coaster would need to be a fairly small footprint. I do wonder if they panicked after the coaster accident in America. The coaster I believe is the same model.