• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Obscure UK Parks

All this fuss over a duff off the shelf old coaster that has kindly died.
The park is a commercial going concern, the change of ride line up is commercially sensitive information, and plans often change when issues arise when doing a full overhaul.
To call them liars is neither constructive or fair.
No wonder parks tend to find enthusiasts a bit of a pain at times.
Have you ridden it??

It was actually decent, nothing outstanding by any means but very smooth, enjoyable, and the views out to the harbour were awesome - especially in the early evening.

I don't see any issue in calling them liars if they are indeed... well, liars.

You're all being a bit unfair IMO, nothing wrong with liking a roller coaster especially one which was unique in the UK. I don't want any coaster go unless there's a good replacement.

At the same time @Snagglemama there could be all sorts wrong with it: corrosion, not meeting modern safety standards, spare parts becoming expensive etc.

You're all being a bit unfair IMO, nothing wrong with liking a roller coaster especially one which was unique in the UK. I don't want any coaster go unless there's a good replacement.

At the same time @Snagglemama there could be all sorts wrong with it: corrosion, not meeting modern safety standards, spare parts becoming expensive etc.

If the park had said we are really sorry this coaster isn't safe or we can't run it for whatever reason etc etc etc then fair enough. I would have maybe cried into my cornflakes dug out a load of my old photos (I mean real paper ones o_Oo_O) and said no more. But it's the whole it will be back etc etc. It may not be on the scale of say the corkscrew at AT but it's been on the skyline in South sea longer than I've been alive. I get that new rides etc are sensitive and all that kinda stuff. But a wacky worm? . There are similar coasters for sale on rides for you for $199.000. Possibly selling the old ride to buy something and say oooh look the skyways is back but really an imposter coaster. Just a thought.

If the park had said we are really sorry this coaster isn't safe or we can't run it for whatever reason etc etc etc then fair enough. I would have maybe cried into my cornflakes dug out a load of my old photos (I mean real paper ones o_Oo_O) and said no more. But it's the whole it will be back etc etc. It may not be on the scale of say the corkscrew at AT but it's been on the skyline in South sea longer than I've been alive. I get that new rides etc are sensitive and all that kinda stuff. But a wacky worm? . There are similar coasters for sale on rides for you for $199.000. Possibly selling the old ride to buy something and say oooh look the skyways is back but really an imposter coaster. Just a thought.
If you have pictures from any theme park I would love to see them, please scan them! :)

I agree with what you're saying though. However I think the wacky worm belongs to a showman so isn't permanent

If you have pictures from any theme park I would love to see them, please scan them! :)

I agree with what you're saying though. However I think the wacky worm belongs to a showman so isn't permanent

Yes of course I will scan them happy to share. I don't think they are going to let me in that chat group you mentioned yesterday. I make too much noise and ask too many questions I think :(:( I've tried looking online but no success

Yes of course I will scan them happy to share. I don't think they are going to let me in that chat group you mentioned yesterday. I make too much noise and ask too many questions I think :(:( I've tried looking online but no success
Oh, that's unusual. I can't remember how I got in but I added one of my Facebook friends and he was approved quickly.

If you do get round to sccanning photos in maybe stick them in a folder on Google drive and share the link? Sorry I know I'm sounding nosy here, but I do love old photos :D

I've done some digging. The coaster has been up for sale since April (I have the screenshots) And have confirmed it is the Clarence Pier coaster. In a public group on Facebook. The cars have been refurbed by Rundle as per the Advertisment. Why on earth they are telling people who are asking that the coaster will be back is beyond me. The coaster advert says they are selling it to make way for new attractions.

Thanks for sharing, great pictures!

Seems odd that they are refurbishing the cars... unless the coaster has a buyer, or someone else with a Galaxi coaster wants to replace their cars?

Thanks for sharing, great pictures!

Seems odd that they are refurbishing the cars... unless the coaster has a buyer, or someone else with a Galaxi coaster wants to replace their cars?

@speedy your totally welcome. The pier has become naff ride central if this vlog is anything to go by. It's interesting watching not only because of the walk around of the pier but also what the vlogger says.

Or maybe something like Bandit Bomber at Yas Waterworld, which actually counts as a cred!: