• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Obscure UK Parks

Thanks for this. Looking at the parent accounts they are not exactly the large scale operator I was alluding to
It’s a tourist attraction like Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park, Milky Way etc so really they only gonna have big visitor numbers during the school holidays so a well known big operator wouldn’t be interested in buying or investing in the park.

A new ride is coming to the UK’s oldest theme park for the 2024 season. Step aboard “The Jolly Robin” at Blackgang Chine and prepare to be whisked away on a eerie journey through the heart of a legendary storm.

BG-Concept-Artwork.jpg

A new ride is coming to the UK’s oldest theme park for the 2024 season. Step aboard “The Jolly Robin” at Blackgang Chine and prepare to be whisked away on a eerie journey through the heart of a legendary storm.

BG-Concept-Artwork.jpg
If that picture is anything to go by, I am pleased that Moby Dick's Revenge (originally Jonah's Whale) will be staying, especially since this year is its 50th anniversary of being at the park.

Would that mean it's going in the spot Cliffhanger used to occupy?

Lovely place to visit Blackgang Chine.

Not sure if the right place, but the little amusment park on Cleethorpes beach was photographed under the sea the other day

Technically it depends if the beach runs beyond the high tide line.
Southport beach is only covered by water fully a few times a year.
Parts of St Annes dunes never see the sea.

BG-Concept-Artwork.jpg
This ride is been built on an area of the park that’s unused and a beach area is taking over the former cliff hanger site Merlin doing the theming 😂

I also found out the Pirate ship isn’t new but been relocated from the Robin Hill theme park which closed down at the end of the 2023 season.

Last edited: