• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Obscure UK Parks

Ah yes rides for younger children in other words cheap fairground rides that cost a fraction to run than what they removed. The park has burnt its bridges with the locals and there is zero reason to visit. It's Lightwater Valley by the sea.

Last edited:
Ah yes rides for younger children in other words cheap fairground rides that cost a fraction to run than what they removed. The park has burnt its bridges with the locals and there is zero reason to visit. It's Lightwater Valley by the sea.
I think they looked at other theme parks in the Devon, Somerset and Cornwall area and noticed that the parks easily operate with a young family market. Watermouth castle you can go on everything if your over 0.9m

I think they looked at other theme parks in the Devon, Somerset and Cornwall area and noticed that the parks easily operate with a young family market. Watermouth castle you can go on everything if your over 0.9m
It was pretty much a kiddies park to begin with baring one or two rides. Ripping out the family coaster and log flume don't seem like a wise choice and these is pretty much nothing left at the park baring a waltzer and some crappy go karts. Other parks like Crealys are struggling operating in the same market.

Devon and Cornwall have always been famous for small crap family parks.
The counties have always been short of real coasters, and will remain so.

I struggled getting the kids in my care to Devon and Cornwall, because they had been raised on coaster reward schemes.
Ripon, Tamworth or Pickering no problem, but it was a whole new generation that eventually agreed to Cornwall, probably the longest and hardest train journey of my life.
They grumbled at the theme park leaflets, then vanished on a hedonistic journey for a week, turning up occasionally for rehydration, daytime sleep, food and more money for "pop and sweets"...
Honestly your honour, pop and sweets money.

Brean are currently in the process of flogging their KMG Miami and Afterburner. Have been listed for sale on various groups.

Can’t say I care much about the Miami but the Afterburner runs a fairly alright cycle. Interested to see if there will be replacements.