• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Obscure UK Parks

So did I, but now they're getting a new coaster so maybe they will fit both? From the picture I saw it was some sort of Zyklon/Galaxi type coaster

I looked on YouTube at the model. It's the same layout and everything the cars are smaller though

Just seen on Facebook, March 3rd was opening day for Clarence Pier and the new coaster. Worth noting, although it looks identical this is not the unit which has been operating at Weston Super Mare.

Just seen on Facebook, March 3rd was opening day for Clarence Pier and the new coaster. Worth noting, although it looks identical this is not the unit which has been operating at Weston Super Mare.

I've been waiting on Vlogs about clarence pier but not seen any yet

Ah yes, the awfully trimmed version of the (brilliant) old Pinfari model.

There was an old-style one at Hayling Island years back, which was absolutely fantastic... the last hill always gave brilliant airtime.

These new models have worse trains than that which was developed years ago and has a horrendous trim brake just before the last drop. You approach it expecting airtime and end up getting winded in the stomach because it literally stops you moving, then just after the drop there's another one that stops you moving. The force at which it stops makes Rattlesnake's brakes look smooth, I've honestly never seen anything like it.

Trimming airtime is one thing but I'm convinced the trim brakes on that thing were designed by lunatics. It's just ridiculous.

Ah yes, the awfully trimmed version of the (brilliant) old Pinfari model.

There was an old-style one at Hayling Island years back, which was absolutely fantastic... the last hill always gave brilliant airtime.

These new models have worse trains than that which was developed years ago and has a horrendous trim brake just before the last drop. You approach it expecting airtime and end up getting winded in the stomach because it literally stops you moving, then just after the drop there's another one that stops you moving. The force at which it stops makes Rattlesnake's brakes look smooth, I've honestly never seen anything like it.

Trimming airtime is one thing but I'm convinced the trim brakes on that thing were designed by lunatics. It's just ridiculous.

I dont think I've seen a Vlog from there that hasn't had lots of "oofs" and it looks quite slow as well. Wonder what the second coaster will be. I'm thinking a spinning mouse

Sloths vlogs, coaster crazy and uk theme parks have all done vlogs from Clarence pier last week.

Yes they did. There seems to be not much there for the over 10's. I may go down and get the credit. Depends on what the second coaster is. If it's what I think it is I might not bother

Looping star eh? Might put it in my misery tour this summer, scrap CWOA from it

Went to Black Gang Chine yesterday for the 1st time in 15 years OMG that park has really improved with the level of the theming to adding a major thrill flat ride.
Extinction was Awesome and it had 2 setting
8FC46787-2D65-4E31-BF14-71FC826120BB.jpeg
So they built 2 queues which is a great idea.
301257C3-97C5-4B85-8648-B9C85FB89592.jpeg9477755B-EC7D-4B38-A134-80576D927C04.jpeg
Shame you can’t upload videos but here is the official 1

Was very surprised this was built on land never used before but they got plans for areas around the park.
Cliffhanger site
3398468D-896F-4596-8EAB-AA21BAE93343.jpeg77A551C8-E329-40A3-82BC-C26E6B8A3B48.jpegB71FE26C-8C5E-4A1B-BBD1-F1A6F74840FF.jpegDoes anyone know what was in this building?
E9E2082D-2237-4595-9D7A-F85766A87D5A.jpeg
There’s also construction planned by the Chocabloc takeaway
7D73A5AB-AE3F-429C-BEA2-B62A77F3CBF1.jpeg
Can’t believe the park 180 years old.

Not been in many years, but the place is always constructing something new, every year, because the whole place is slowly falling into the sea.
"Full slab" concrete foundations tend to last about twenty years before failing, so stuff gets moved a lot.
The original chine is long gone, the last bits were eroded away fifty years ago.

Went to Black Gang Chine yesterday for the 1st time in 15 years OMG that park has really improved with the level of the theming to adding a major thrill flat ride.
Extinction was Awesome and it had 2 setting
8FC46787-2D65-4E31-BF14-71FC826120BB.jpeg
So they built 2 queues which is a great idea.
301257C3-97C5-4B85-8648-B9C85FB89592.jpeg9477755B-EC7D-4B38-A134-80576D927C04.jpeg
Didn't know Blackgang Chine had installed a new flat ride!
My favourite part of that park will always be the talking bin (I am now informed there used to be several, but there seems to be just the one now).

Last edited:
Didn't know Blackgang Chine had installed a new flat ride!
My favourite part of that park will always be the talking bin.
Yep, it replaced the Cliff Hanger roller coaster (which is now at Dreamland Margate).

I’ve always thought Watermouth is a good place. Would be great for a major theme park operation to take over and develop.