• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Obscure UK Parks

Just got back from Cornwall and we did pay a visit to Camel Creek

The good:
It's a well located park in a nice setting. There is clearly a viable business here and the park was very busy when we attended last Wednesday. They had a foam party and opening extended to 8:30. All of the rides were for younger children which was fine and they do have a large soft play which was popular. The new outdoor play area looked good and is a solid investment.

The bad

Worst food and beverage operations I've ever seen at any park. An absolute shambles. The Secret garden in particular was abysmal with ridiculous slow service, food all over the floor and plenty of very fed up customers. They park as a whole seemed understaffed with nobody cleaning or tidying in general. My wife commented on the awful condition the Guinea pigs were being kept in as well.

The coasters are rubbish from the 1980s, clapped out with little to no capacity when the park is busy. The park has a decent selection of flats but not enough for peak season.

Overall the park needs better management, more staff and someone to sort out it's food and beverage operations.

They could also do with some higher capacity rides. A decent family coaster would be a start. The park needs investment and with Flambards jumping the shark they are that last amusement park in Cornwall of any scale. Hopefully they get the right investor (not Brighton Pier group) as it stands it's a once and done park.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure whether to mention this here as we don't really talk about alpine coasters too much here (though there is a thread that exists for the Alpine coaster in Snowdonia) but it looks there will be a new mountain coaster opening quite soon at the redeveloped Midlothian Snowsports Centre near Edinburgh. RCDB has some nice pictures of it's construction and layout and lists it as due to open in October this year.

https://rcdb.com/21755.htm

There is an article about it here from Time Out.

I wasn't sure whether to mention this here as we don't really talk about alpine coasters too much here (though there is a thread that exists for the Alpine coaster in Snowdonia) but it looks there will be a new mountain coaster opening quite soon at the redeveloped Midlothian Snowsports Centre near Edinburgh. RCDB has some nice pictures of it's construction and layout and lists it as due to open in October this year.

https://rcdb.com/21755.htm

There is an article about it here from Time Out.
Not the first coaster in Scotland that was a fairground attraction, that honour goes to the Vekoma Boomerang now at Pleasurewood Hills as far back as 1988 but still...is it not hard enough to have asked for a Mack or RMC terrain hugging that mountain side?