• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parc Astérix: General Discussion

Does anyone know any options for cheaper tickets for Parc Asterix? Other than just buying them on their website in advance.

I'm visiting here for the first time on 26th August which is our August bank holiday but I wonder if this is a significant weekend for France also? I'm try to decide if we need to budget for the fast passes.

I'm going to parc asterix soon and i was wondering what queues were like? (im going middle of august) also if fast pass is worth it if the queues are too long

I'm going to parc asterix soon and i was wondering what queues were like? (im going middle of august) also if fast pass is worth it if the queues are too long
I visited two day at the end of June and start of July.

The first day we got the bronze filomatix which was €10 each. Basically it allowed you to virtually queue for one ride whilst queueing for another ride. Which on a midweek worked great. On the Sunday we'd bought the €40 which allowed you to immediately skip the queues of the selected rides.

Be aware that Toutatis and Discobelix aren't on these level of fast track but you can buy one shots for them (about €12 I think). Though if you've got the €10 fast pass you can fire up the next virtual queue whilst in those actual queues.

Vol d'icar (flight of icarus) and SOS numberios also don't appear on the fast pass lists so you'll need to queue for them.

The first day we got the bronze filomatix which was €10 each. Basically it allowed you to virtually queue for one ride whilst queueing for another ride. Which on a midweek worked great. On the Sunday we'd bought the €40 which allowed you to immediately skip the queues of the selected rides.

Be aware that Toutatis and Discobelix aren't on these level of fast track but you can buy one shots for them (about €12 I think). Though if you've got the €10 fast pass you can fire up the next virtual queue whilst in those actual queues.

Vol d'icar (flight of icarus) and SOS numberios also don't appear on the fast pass lists so you'll need to queue for them.
Are the fastrack packages valid for just one ride on each ride, or can you use them on the same ride more than once? Just debating which package to get for when I go in the summer.

Is the virtual queue pay per ride or do you pay 10 euros and get virtual queue on every ride once, also is there a way of doing filotomatix without using the app?

Are the fastrack packages valid for just one ride on each ride, or can you use them on the same ride more than once? Just debating which package to get for when I go in the summer.
The €40 was for one ride on each of the listed rides. There's a more expensive one if you want unlimited rides.
Is the virtual queue pay per ride or do you pay 10 euros and get virtual queue on every ride once, also is there a way of doing filotomatix without using the app?
The €10 euro bronze filomatix is €10 for use on every ride listed. All I'd say with that one is once your ride time is ready it gives you a period of time to use the access so make sure when you start the virtual queue you'll have enough time to get on the ride your physically queueing for and get to the ride you've booked.
Yeah you don't need the app, you can access the filomatix via the website.

Few observations from my recent visit (3 August) :

Park open 10:00-22:00

Toutatis is fantastic. Once warmed up later in the day it really packs a punch. Pretty insane. Seemed pretty reliable; Some downtime but was for very short periods.

Tonnerre 2 Zues; What has happened here? I used to really like it but gone massively downhill now. Riding Mid train, seems to jackhammer down the first drop and pretty rough rest of the way round. Front same but then seems smoother.

Managed a ride backwards on back too. Was under the impression this was an extra cost but they were batching people from main queue in to there and when we asked for back they said yes. Same Jack hammer down first drop but after that fine. Overall not the coaster it used to be.

Operations were excellent overall. Though I did think the park was looking a bit tired and unloved. Seeing full bins when entering the park at 9:50AM kind of speaks volumes really.

Food options seem rather limited and by mid afternoon lots of places had shut up shop for the day, making finding an evening snack feel like an expedition.

Have €1 deposit for plastic cups but try to return them anywhere and you get a hand up and ‘non’. Kind of defeats the object if none of the counters accept returns? Have a souvenir at least. 🤔

Also €20 for parking 😱. We got taxi from nearby hotel instead, though getting back was a bit of a faff as they seem to have an aversion to going to Asterix 😂

Was at Asterix yesterday, and overall had a wonderful day. The park was fairly quiet and we didn’t really need the bronze fastrack in the end, but it did mean we skipped some queues earlier on in the day when it was busy. By the end of the day everything was walk on.

I liked Toutatis, the theming, station, launch and some of the inversions are really good, however I wasn’t a fan of the trim after the second launch up. I would rather go over there at some speed. Think overall I prefer Konda at Walibi for it’s crazy airtime.

I’m also really not sure what to make of the bag trolley they have on some of the rides. It wasn’t too bad on Oz Iris as there is loads of room off ride. However it was a right mess on Toutatis. You are there with 30 other people down the tiny exit trying to find your bag in the box, it was also really dark down there that you struggled to see anything and find your bag. Just seemed a bit stressful!

Just a quick summary from my 1 1/2 days at Parc Astérix recently.

I have been visiting the park for 20 years now, and it has improved immeasurably in that time in terms of the rides offered.

Toutatis is a world-class investment and high quality attraction. Looking directly at Pantheon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg (a park I adore) - and Toutatis smashes it with much, much better theming and experience. The ride itself is certainly a top 50 coaster for me, but in truth it rode very similar to how I expected. These new Intamins are very good, but equally - you kind of know how the elements will feel before you ride them. That wasn't the case with the 00s and 10s Intamins (Maverick, I305, Skyrush) - all of which were very different indeed. Still - Toutatis takes Parc Astérix to new levels.

It was also my first time on Tonnerre 2 Zeus. The original was my number 1 coaster back in the 2000s - but gradually declined in stature over the years. The new version isn't as good as Zeus originally was, but wasn't as bad as I feared. However, the airtime is quite jarring and it loses a lot of speed by the end. The trains aren't my thing either - but I knew that from riding Hades and Timber.

Oz'Iris remains a great ride, although there was a rattle now. Pégase Express is excellent but some effects appeared not to be working. The Bob remains good... until it heavily trims. Goudurix was adequate. Not as bad as the hype train always makes out. I have been on worse.

Operations at the park remain very good, with some of the best throughputs in Europe (behind the obvious candidates like Europa-Park). Opening hours are beyond what they used to be, with 10pm daily through summer. Given the weather was mixed, there was hardly anybody there... not good for their bottom line!

The state of Défi de Caesar is awful. The preshows have not been used since pre Covid. From digging a little with the staff, I asked them why they were out of use and was told that they are broken. The main ride itself was also in a terrible state - with some of the screens broken, some showing menus - it was honestly embarassing The fact you have Toutatis at one side of the park, and Défi on the other - you'd not think the same park was in charge. I was so irritated with the way the park have left this ride rot, that I went to guest services and specifically complained about it.

There are some areas of the park in need of significant love. The entire area in front of Goudurix, by the lake, by the old Transdemonium, through the indoor areas and out to where Oxygenarium is - that's a large swathe of the park that to be honest needs a lot of work.

We had a great all-inclusive character buffet at the park. This was highly memorable and well worth it for the experience. Beer and wine on tap, great food and the amazing, endearing Astérix characters. Lunch at the Restaurant du Lac was also lovely, although it's getting quite dated inside!

Astérix is still a second-tier park, in the bracket of Alton Towers, Parque Warner and Walibi. Well worth a visit but with a few niggles around the edges that it needs to address if it is ever to compete with Efteling, Phantasialand, Europa-Park or Liseberg as a true first-rate destination of its class.

:)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are ever any Groupon deals for Parc Asterix? I’m going in May but nothing has come up yet besides hotel offers on the usual national voucher sites. Just wondering if park tickets are more likely to come up once the season starts or if it’s easier to just book online and be done with it?

I got tickets on tripper.nl last year, don't think they appeared until around the time the park opened for the season though.

The hotels seem good value at the moment, two days on the park, room and breakfast, and parking for about £460 (for four adults) in Les Quais de Lutece. It's even cheaper to stay in the other hotels (approx £420).

Last edited:
The hotels seem good value at the moment, two days on the park, room and breakfast, and parking for about £460 (for four adults) in Les Quais de Lutece. It's even cheaper to stay in the other hotels (approx £420).

There is a pre-season 30% discount offer on.

I am going soon too, and looked at the hotels. It was €151pp for 1 night including 1 days admission and breakfast. However, given that I am pre-booking tickets, a restaurant meal and bronze fastrack, it still works out quite a bit more expensive. Not to mention Lutece was full... and Les Trois Hiboux just isn't as good.

There is a pre-season 30% discount offer on.

I am going soon too, and looked at the hotels. It was €151pp for 1 night including 1 days admission and breakfast. However, given that I am pre-booking tickets, a restaurant meal and bronze fastrack, it still works out quite a bit more expensive. Not to mention Lutece was full... and Les Trois Hiboux just isn't as good.
Cité Suspendue is pretty good if you can't get into Lutèce, we stayed there last year and I thought it was nicely done. Trois Hiboux is a bit too unthemed. Pretty sure you can book restaurants at the other hotels as well.

Value for money obviously also increases with group size as well.

Cité Suspendue is pretty good if you can't get into Lutèce, we stayed there last year and I thought it was nicely done. Trois Hiboux is a bit too unthemed. Pretty sure you can book restaurants at the other hotels as well.

Value for money obviously also increases with group size as well.
I'm also unimpressed that the only food options are buffets. I wish they'd an a la carte!