• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parc Astérix: General Discussion

Bit annoying but could be worse. I'm planning to hit DLP again in 2022 so it has actually become more convenient for me personally...

Parc Astérix have confirmed to Looopings that Tonnerre de Zeus is going to be renovated for the 2021 season:

"I can confirm that Tonnerre de Zeus will be renovated for the 2021 season," a spokeswoman for Parc Astérix told Looopings. "It is not yet possible to say which company will be involved in this."

Looopings are speculating that RMC could be involved, although that would surprise me seeing as Zeus is generally a highly regarded coaster.

They have already retracked the first section, so it wouldn’t surprise me if this means a retracking of the rest of the layout. :)

Aren’t they already getting a new coaster for 2021? That and an RMC overhaul sounds a bit overkill for one season?

Makes me think it will just be re-track/improvement works.

Aren’t they already getting a new coaster for 2021? That and an RMC overhaul sounds a bit overkill for one season?

Makes me think it will just be re-track/improvement works.

They are getting a new Intamin launch coaster in 2022, yes. I suspect this will be a re-track of the existing layout.

Re-track and refresh off the theming perhaps? Maybe they're advertising they'll give it a jetwash...

RMC? That'd be one hell of a curveball. A re-track is seriously needed however.

Digging this topic out from the grave, while the park themselves seem to be busy digging their own.

Social media seems to be full of people who have arrived at the park with their dated day tickets have being refused entry over the last few days... looks like overselling of tickets!

The park reached 15k capacity and turned away hundreds more on Saturday.
https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...te-des-l-ouverture-au-parc-asterix-1603556432

That's interesting. Thanks Sazzle. Does anyone know what Parc Asterix's normal capacity is?

Judging by their latest tweets, I guess 30k. They’re stating in news articles their daily covid secure number is 15k, and they’re tweeting that they’re operating at 50% reduction.

Very poor that people with booked, dated tickets were being turned away before they even got to the park!

Thank you so much Sazzle. From a geek's perspective one of the interesting things about covid is that some parks have revealed their capacities who wouldn't normally. Parc Asterix's capacity is a bit higher than I expected, but I suppose they have quite a few water rides, which probably have decent throughputs, and several shows.

It's also a fairly big park. It's a long walk from OzIris to Zeus (though now lessened by the bridge connection these days).

The only time I've visited Parc Asterix was 14 years ago. I guess I've forgotten how big it is. Plus it's expanded a bit since I was there. It certainly feels like I'm overdue a visit.

There are some horrid pinch points though, especially around Poseidon theatre.

Having experienced some of the worst attempts at customer service I've ever encountered in the world at Asterix I'm not at all surprised to hear of this sort of silliness going on.

Some positive, and also not so positive news from Parc Asterix regarding their Dolphin and Sea-lion shows.

The park have announced these shows have now been scrapped which is good news.

However the animals will move to other zoos and attractions in Europe, such as Kolmarden in Sweden, so in many cases the animals will still be performing in shows at their new homes.

https://blooloop.com/animals/news/parc-asterix-dolphin-close/

It's 2021 and we still have zoos and parks making animals perform to us for our entertainment. So so sad.

It's one thing keeping them in zoos away from their natural habitat ( I'm not totally against zoos by the way depending on the size of them and the enclosures ) but it's a joke they still make them perform.

Won't go back to Sea World until they stop it all. It's 'entertainment' that should have been stopped years ago.

I’m mostly glad the park has done this because the prospect of performing dolphins in modern society isn’t really acceptable anymore. However it’s a shame they will continue to perform (albeit in other places).

Zoos can and must continue to exist. However this must be in the scope being towards education and preservation, as in a David Attenborough context.

Can happily say I didn’t see a dolphin show once on my two day visit to the park in 2019. The space would be better suited as a theatre to (non animal) performing shows.