• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parc Astérix: General Discussion

Anyone know if Menhir Express has been removed? Cant see it on the map or on the website? Would be a shame if it has as I lived that ride.

It was open in August and I rode it. It's probably closed as it is winter season, along with the rapids. So to avoid confusion, they take it off the map and website temporarily.

As usual I think @AstroDan is on the money!

As per the press release, its hibernating :D

https://cequepensentleshommes.fr/20...plaisant-et-le-superbe-hotel-quais-de-lutece/

Dodgy translation

After a year 2020 truncated with the crisis that we are going through, Parc Asterix is finally back in its version of Christmas from December 18 to January 2, 2022 and offers a Gallic Christmas 2021 that will please everyone. If the water attractions Menhir Express, the Grand Splash or even Romulus and Rapidus hibernate and Tonnerre de Zeus is preparing its metamorphosis for 2022, the rest of the Park is open and you will be able to find 3 seasonal shows and 1 night show: What a Circus! , Who wants the Skin of Santa Claus, Chronos and the island of wishes. Let's come back to these shows.

All good he......Who wants the Skin of Santa Claus........wait WHAT! :eek:

It's always a bit difficult comparing the costs of coasters, particularly when they're in different countries with different taxes, different labour costs, fluctuating currency exchange rates etc. But for what it's worth (which might not be a lot), a quick Google suggests that Thorpe Park's new coaster is costing about £18 million and Parc Asterix's is costing about £23.6 million (figures calculated using Google Currency Converter).

The tunnel effect looks cool, but a bit unfinished. All in all though, it looks like they've done a good job with it.

Loving the tunnel effect! I rode this back in 2012 and didn't rate it at all. But looks pretty good in that POV, just got to hope it is not ruined by the awful restraints on those trains.

Hi - Does anyone know when Parc Asterix usually opens - I'm thinking of visiting early April next year but not sure it will be open by then? Also does anyone know the proposed opening of Toutatis?

The park opened on Easter weekend this year. I would suggest it will likely open on April 8th, 2023. However, do not book a trip until you know for sure.

No date for Toutatis has yet been announced, either.

The park opened on Easter weekend this year. I would suggest it will likely open on April 8th, 2023. However, do not book a trip until you know for sure.

No date for Toutatis has yet been announced, either.
Cheers Dan - I'll aim for end of August/early September instead - looks cold in Paris in April anyway and Toutatis should hopefully be open by then! Hopefully won't be too rammed though it still seems to be school holidays over there as well as here.