• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

Perhaps just a change of mind our trade marking it in case anybody else in the future they do want to build a hotel.
I was just going to post similar. If you looks their list of trademarks, they've covered hotel, campsite, lodges in the past. Paultons Hotel was trademarked in 2016. I wasn't at the event, but in the fans q&a they seemed quite adamant it wasn't for them.

I was just going to post similar. If you looks their list of trademarks, they've covered hotel, campsite, lodges in the past. Paultons Hotel was trademarked in 2016. I wasn't at the event, but in the fans q&a they seemed quite adamant it wasn't for them.
Lawrence did directly answer a fan question about accommodation with something along the lines of being lucky to be based in the New Forest with lots of 3rd party options and that there were no current plans to develop anything in house. Seems fair to try and cover what they can so it's one less thing to think about should the desire or opportunity arise!

New trademark filing from Paultons:

Interesting that this covers Hotels seeing as they've always said it's not on their radar!

I wonder if it could be a hotel operated by a partner company instead of their own hotel? I don't know how much scope they have for expansion, and obviously they may not want to tread on anybody's toes with regards to existing local accomodation, but if they have good links already with hotel companies already then maybe there is potential for a hotel owned and run by somebody else but within the scope of turning the park in to a resort?

Last edited:
I wonder if it could be a hotel operated by a partner company instead of their own hotel? I don't know how much scope they have for expansion, and obviously they may not want to tread on anybody's toes with regards to existing local accomodation, but if they have good links already with hotel companies already then maybe there is potential for a hotel owned and run by somebody else but within the scope of turning the park in to a resort?
Ah the old Disneyland / Disneyland Hotel scenario.

At the Superfans event they said that there were no immediate or medium term plans to get into accomodation; it doesn't rule out long term. As others have suggested I think this is just brand protection, that's what trademarking is for after all.

What it does suggest, is that Paulton's believe that their future expansion, growth and investments will be at a level that needs protection.

Last edited: