• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

Splatoon, Fortnite, etc then, there are plenty of shooters for kids at home. But I understand the arguments made elsewhere, it's not a dark ride it is just a shooter and I'm not the target audience.
Fortnite isn't really a "shooter" its a hide from the people who are shooting me game and try to shoot them.

These rides are more comparable to the old 80s/90s arcade games like Duck Hunt and Time Crisis where you don't run around, you just point the gun and shoot.

Shooting dark rides have a bad rep among UK enthusiasts simply because classics like Terror Tomb and The Haunted House were bastardized by having blasters thrusted upon them. But really, a fully bespoke shooting dark ride can be a lot of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed Challenge of Tutankhamun, Popcorn Revenge and Buzz at DLP. This could be a great fit for Paultons, especially given who's involved in developing the attraction - the same design group who conceived the theming design and storytelling for Tornado Springs (Leisure Expert Group) and the theming suppliers behind Avalon (Themics). https://themeparkinsanity.co.uk/new-details-about-paultons-parks-ghostly-manor-revealed?

1727194975864.png

Last edited:
Mack Rides, Lagotronics and LEG (who designed tornado springs).

That's quite a powerhouse bringing this together.
These Mack Gameplay Theatres are going to really take off 🚀

They're compact high capacity indoor rides that can fit in an amusement park, family entertainment centre's and even attractions like some of the Merlin Midways.

They suit the families perfectly and add an indoor attraction in a compact space.

These Mack Gameplay Theatres are going to really take off 🚀

They're compact high capacity indoor rides that can fit in an amusement park, family entertainment centre's and even attractions like some of the Merlin Midways.

They suit the families perfectly and add an indoor attraction in a compact space.
Yeah, if this works out then I wouldn't surprise Merlin will want one for one of the parks. Hell, could see one fitting inside the Nickelodeon building if they wanted to to fill those many empty buildings on the park.

Yeah, if this works out then I wouldn't surprise Merlin will want one for one of the parks. Hell, could see one fitting inside the Nickelodeon building if they wanted to to fill those many empty buildings on the park.
Potentially Project Refresh and Play at Chessington considering the Minecraft theme.

They've got an indoor ride teased and they may want to overhaul Tomb Blaster anyway.

Definitely Towers with one of the Nickelodeon or 4D Cinema buildings.

I'd say Pleasure Beach in that old Space Invader Building.

I definitely think those Gameplay Theatres will be widespread by the end of the decade 🤩😍

Potentially Project Refresh and Play at Chessington considering the Minecraft theme.

They've got an indoor ride teased and they may want to overhaul Tomb Blaster anyway.

Definitely Towers with one of the Nickelodeon or 4D Cinema buildings.

I'd say Pleasure Beach in that old Space Invader Building.

I definitely think those Gameplay Theatres will be widespread by the end of the decade 🤩😍
Yeah, if Paulton pulls this off and I'm in no doubt other UK parks will be keeping an eye on this development, then it's certain you'll have a follow the leader scenario with the Merlin parks, Drayton and Pleasure Beach all getting one of these theatres.

After all, guests do love the shooting attractions despite what enthusiasts might think and it would be an easy installation.

Interesting system, presuming even if Paultons gets the small version that's 40 people on it in one go. Maybe not best throughput but considering Paultons stature should be fine.

Bit buggered if people take forever loading/unloading though. I'd imagine in 4s should be negated a bit. Otherwise best make some nice long show scenes for faff purposes.

Bit buggered if people take forever loading/unloading though. I'd imagine in 4s should be negated a bit. Otherwise best make some nice long show scenes for faff purposes.

I suppose that's one of the beauties of this type of ride system over a track, delays can go pretty much unnoticed by just letting people carry on shooting.

I'm hoping the transitions between scenes are quite zippy, could make for quite a nice ride aspect, being spun on such a small axis.

I suppose that's one of the beauties of this type of ride system over a track, delays can go pretty much unnoticed by just letting people carry on shooting.

I'm hoping the transitions between scenes are quite zippy, could make for quite a nice ride aspect, being spun on such a small axis.

I hope loading / unloading delays don't cause to many issues in scenes unless they are set up with extended scenes incase of delays

There will definitely be faff from the guests, and lots of it. I find the family demographic do take a lot longer to load and settle than, say for example, Thorpe Park’s guests.

However this is something which I’m sure that the park is already aware of and will have solutions in place. I’d imagine something similar to when there’s delays on Maus au Chocolat where they’ll allow you to do “practice” shots without it actually affecting your overall score.

Seperate offload will make a big different. Getting into an empty car should be fairly straightforward.
But then adding an offload section adds a counter problem of guests taking ages to get off, thereby delaying the other sections.

We found this when I worked on Stealth many years ago. 99% of the delays weren’t with the train being loaded, they were with guests faffing getting off the offload train, meaning we’d have completed all the checks on the train we were loading, but had to stand there waiting for people to get off the offload train.

But then adding an offload section adds a counter problem of guests taking ages to get off, thereby delaying the other sections.

We found this when I worked on Stealth many years ago. 99% of the delays weren’t with the train being loaded, they were with guests faffing getting off the offload train, meaning we’d have completed all the checks on the train we were loading, but had to stand there waiting for people to get off the offload train.

But its existence still speeds things up overall. Without the offload the onload wouldn't have even started after that offload faff, let alone already finished!

This looks like a very simple sit on a bench loading, I can't imagine too much faff will occur!

Last edited: