• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

Hmm...

D2wezzIWsAAQ3aU.jpg:large

Looks like we have an announcement date and opening month! :)

How much do we think this new project is costing in total? It looks like best part of £20m if the rumours turn out to be true. Mental amount of money for a family run park but fair play to them. Certainly not complaining.

£20m? Wow! Lost Kingdom cost them £9m in 2016 and that area looks amazing, so an area being built on double the budget could be simply breathtaking! I genuinely think that this area could do wonderful things for Paultons; it should make them appeal to a wider demographic if the rumours are anything to go by, and I honestly think that they could well appear in the TEA top 25 most visited theme parks in Europe within the next few years! The theming already sounds top-notch, also!

I am so happy for Paultons Park right now. Even though I've only been a full-on enthusiast since about 2013, it has been so nice to see them develop, and it really does put things into perspective when you see how far they've come in the last decade. 10 years ago in 2009, the park was probably little more than a mere speck on most theme park enthusiasts' UK theme park map. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the park was also less visited and less well known than it is now. But now, in 2019, the park has blossomed into arguably one of the UK's finest independent theme parks! The park is making fantastic investments, they now pull in over 1,000,000 visitors per year; where do their success stories end? The 2010s have been a fantastic decade for Paultons; the initial success of Peppa Pig World really helped them find their feet in the industry, and the investments that followed have really represented them taking their first steps in the major investment scene.

Might I also fixate on that price tag of £20m for a second. If true, this represents an extremely large investment for a park of Paultons' size and it could really represent a renaissance in the momentum of independent theme parks in Britain; to put things into perspective, £20m would represent the largest investment made by an independent UK theme park since Fantasy Island spent £28m on Odyssey in 2002, and would be joint with The Swarm as the 3rd biggest investment ever made into a UK theme park behind only Odyssey and Derren Brown's Ghost Train. That is exciting stuff, if you ask me!

However, despite the excitement during the 2010s at Paultons, I am going to make a very bold statement; I think that the 2020s could be even more exciting than the 2010s. The 2010s was the decade where Paultons started to walk in amongst the major theme parks of this country, but I think they will really start to run in the 2020s!

I am also going to make one final bold statement. Many people make references to Merlin needing competition in this country; many think that that competition will come in the form of London Resort, and even though I am excited for that park's opening day when it comes, I think that Paultons Park will start to compete with Merlin before even London Resort does. If I were Nick Varney, I'd be very afraid watching Paultons' present construction projects, because as much as Merlin build some fantastic things and provide some fantastic experiences, I personally think that Tornado Springs could represent the spark to start the raging inferno that is Paultons' future expansion.
P.S. Sorry for long post!

£20m? Wow! Lost Kingdom cost them £9m in 2016 and that area looks amazing, so an area being built on double the budget could be simply breathtaking! I genuinely think that this area could do wonderful things for Paultons; it should make them appeal to a wider demographic if the rumours are anything to go by, and I honestly think that they could well appear in the TEA top 25 most visited theme parks in Europe within the next few years! The theming already sounds top-notch, also!

I am so happy for Paultons Park right now. Even though I've only been a full-on enthusiast since about 2013, it has been so nice to see them develop, and it really does put things into perspective when you see how far they've come in the last decade. 10 years ago in 2009, the park was probably little more than a mere speck on most theme park enthusiasts' UK theme park map. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the park was also less visited and less well known than it is now. But now, in 2019, the park has blossomed into arguably one of the UK's finest independent theme parks! The park is making fantastic investments, they now pull in over 1,000,000 visitors per year; where do their success stories end? The 2010s have been a fantastic decade for Paultons; the initial success of Peppa Pig World really helped them find their feet in the industry, and the investments that followed have really represented them taking their first steps in the major investment scene.

Might I also fixate on that price tag of £20m for a second. If true, this represents an extremely large investment for a park of Paultons' size and it could really represent a renaissance in the momentum of independent theme parks in Britain; to put things into perspective, £20m would represent the largest investment made by an independent UK theme park since Fantasy Island spent £28m on Odyssey in 2002, and would be joint with The Swarm as the 3rd biggest investment ever made into a UK theme park behind only Odyssey and Derren Brown's Ghost Train. That is exciting stuff, if you ask me!

However, despite the excitement during the 2010s at Paultons, I am going to make a very bold statement; I think that the 2020s could be even more exciting than the 2010s. The 2010s was the decade where Paultons started to walk in amongst the major theme parks of this country, but I think they will really start to run in the 2020s!

I am also going to make one final bold statement. Many people make references to Merlin needing competition in this country; many think that that competition will come in the form of London Resort, and even though I am excited for that park's opening day when it comes, I think that Paultons Park will start to compete with Merlin before even London Resort does. If I were Nick Varney, I'd be very afraid watching Paultons' present construction projects, because as much as Merlin build some fantastic things and provide some fantastic experiences, I personally think that Tornado Springs could represent the spark to start the raging inferno that is Paultons' future expansion.
P.S. Sorry for long post!

£20m was just a guess to be fair. Made that pretty clear.

However all the landscaping, the coaster plus flat rides I'd say 20 won't be too far off.

Obviously though the coaster type may not be what it's being rumoured as and that would bring the whole cost down significantly.

If it's the Mack spinner I can't imagine they come that cheap.

Lost Kingdom cost £8 Million and included 2 new coasters, although the area is a lot smaller. Definitely double digits for Tornado Springs

Judging by the foundations so far this is what I think the coaster will be

I hope its a dwervelwind clone but I just think the footers are too close together.

Interesting thing is is that according to RCDB this only cost £5 million pounds. If the suggested £20 million is true and we're getting this then surely we could get another coaster too?

Interesting thing is is that according to RCDB this only cost £5 million pounds. If the suggested £20 million is true and we're getting this then surely we could get another coaster too?

The £20m is was a complete guess by another poster.

I highly doubt the project is costing anywhere near that amount. More likely closer to £10m max.