• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Very excited for this project, not going to take many excuses to justify a visit later this year.

Are Phantasialand usually good at responding to Emails? I emailed over a week ago regarding a number of things and nothing. :confused:
I've been emailing their hotels address for the past week or so and all the replies have come back very quickly. I suppose it depends on what exactly you're asking them and how fast the team are at responding.

Let's be honest, we all knew the OTSRs were going to be stuck on Raik instead.

Another fine looking machine!

The trains so far look awesome!

Some damn sexy coasters being constructed right now. Not record breaking, but wide eyed enthusiast oooft material.

EDIT:
Though I've no idea what they're talking about on the site @Sammy posted it does seem to be suggesting Skyrush style trains (I THINK).

That would add a lovely dimension to that ride. I know it's very highly regarded by those on here who've ridden it?

Last edited:
Not totally Skyrush trains as they are four across with two floorless seats. Taron's trains appear to be two across with two seats elevated above a floor, but all shall be confirmed in the morning. Either way....

Lap. Bars. <3

I don't think there's clearance for proper skyrush style trains either!

So, ermmm, wow!!

magazin_tarons_zug.jpg

:D

I have no idea what the hell it is, but it looks friggin' awesome.

A few information given in the new magazine article:

- Higher seating position so the feet don't touch the floor,
- the seats are a bit further apart for comfort,
- the weight of the train needed to be reduced by about a ton for the launch,
- continuous, leveled floor to make the load/unload faster

Also heres a bigger picture:

MqFs8We.jpg

Well they are some what terrifying, but by the same token, absolutely stunning!

The article they posted detailing the full design of the trains can be seen here It really is fantastic the effort they have gone to with this entire project!

Call me dense, but is that shopped onto the track or has there been some testing?

I would personally say it's photoshopped. The train looks to be pretty much in a straight line, with the back cars angled slightly. The other wheels don't seem to be quite right either?

Intamin using trains as good as Mack's, now things are going to get interesting!