• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

"You borrowed our Megalite layout, Mack. Now we're borrowing your train style."

I remain confident that this will be at least a solid coaster amongst amazing surroundings, and hope that it will actually turn out to be very good. I can't help but doubt whether Intamin can match Mack's build quality with this ride system though.

While there is no doubt that Mack have perfected train design, the one thing their Mega layouts lack is that final notch on the dial that takes the "oomph" up to 11. Co-incidently, that is the area where Intamin excell. It will certainly be interesting to see how this rides, and especially if the train turns out to be comfortable!

Just imagine if all the companies could come together, and give B&M track, with Mack trains and Intamin layouts! A guy can dream...

It would seem that they are going to at least partially enclose Raik's lift and return spikes. PureFun has described a steel structure round the base, which Tobi has modelled:
screenshot-2016-01-26-16-57-09.thumb.png.ca7e8c9c03dc51fccb9dade1af639ff3.png

No actual pics because closed season and PL don't mix! :p

Over on Phatafriends.de Tobi has posted a video of his Taron recreation, though it is still not yet completed, it gives you a much better idea of some of the views and sights you will be able to experience once Taron is finally open. Needless to say, it looks absolutely incredible!

(Credit: Tobi, Phatafriends.de)

Stunning <3

An update on construction thanks to 'Purefun' over at Phantafriends.de and Tobi's model. It would seem Raik now not only has metal frame work under it's lifts, but also some huge wooden beams that are almost attached to the sides of River Quest.

screenshot-2016-02-05-19-16-45.thumb.png.5f261b71a8feb8d15d1868ec46c714e3.png

screenshot-2016-02-05-19-17-08.thumb.png.e582b789e7e8861c60bdb2e178b8411c.png

(Images: Phantafriends.de)

There is no denying that this is going to enclose the lifts and act as some sort of scream barrier, this project just gets bigger and bigger. I certainly think it's looking more and more likely to be a summer opening rather than spring!

Another interesting point made by a member over at Phantafriends is that if they were to clad that and put a little wooden canopy over it, it could be a nice little nod to the 'Gebirgsbahn' that burnt down in the 2001 fire that ultimately lead to River Quest!

Phantasialand_WildWest_1984.jpg

(Image: Wikipedia)

Reactions: Dar
The level of theme at this place for what is, if I'm not mistaken, an independent park, is absolutely staggering.

This ride seems to be getting more and more exciting by the update. It seems to be that more and more of the ride is going to be enclosed, which makes me even more excited.

The closure of Atlantis is interesting though. I guess that it's making way for something medium term next year perhaps.

Hollywood & Night Hawk on the chopping block in the future, do not surprise me, and would be nice if we can see some modern dark rides opening in their spots along the lines of Ratatouille, Arthur the ride or even Escape From Gringottes.

Escape From Gringottes.

I would be utterly bewildered if a park that size ended up with an attraction like that.

It would be rather spectacular if it happened.

Just a shame Phannyland seem so hostile to enthusiasts, or at least their own community anyway.

The level of theme at this place for what is, if I'm not mistaken, an independent park, is absolutely staggering.
It is essentially family owned.

It's run by Schmidt-Loffelhardt GmbH, which is a partnership between a puppeteer and a travelling showman. Schmidt doesn't have too much to do with it any more, and both the originals have since passed away. Loffelhardt's son now runs it as a family.

Now some of you may be wondering how I have acquired this in-depth knowledge, and the answer is simple...

Source: @Joel

:p

No after the delay with Chiapas due to technical difficulties the park aren't committing a date until everything is completed.

There's been no word in any way shape or form! Last I saw, they wouldn't even confirm 2016! :p

They're running a "Pay 1 day, come back another day for free" offers, like they did before Chiapas opened, with the last day being 30th April. This could either be them trying to cover a slow period, or it could be them trying to cover the bit of the season before the new ride opens?

There's been no word in any way shape or form! Last I saw, they wouldn't even confirm 2016! :p

They're running a "Pay 1 day, come back another day for free" offers, like they did before Chiapas opened, with the last day being 30th April. This could either be them trying to cover a slow period, or it could be them trying to cover the bit of the season before the new ride opens?

Latter makes sense, given it kinda links with the former anyway - people holding off waiting until the new ride opens.

Given the need to complete the whole area; opening for the season start on 18th March would be rushing it. Although I doubt it will be long after the as they seem to work quickly and the place is nearly finished.
River Quest which is being rethemed and RAIK is running through part of it is meant to open at the season start on 18th so that side of things will all be done.
I think May time is very likely especially as Dar pointed out the offer stops on 30th April.

However part of me still thinks Phantasialand could surprise us and open earlier than that! Who knows.

Yeah it's awkward to plan for but I suppose the park don't want to upset anyone. I wouldn't suggest booking anything yet just incase.
But hopefully won't be too long until they announce it.

I'd imagine the worst case scenario is opening it at the start of the summer holidays (no idea when they are mind). But ideally they will want time to run it before then, it is an Intamin after all so it is bound to suffer from downtime initially.

I think it will open sometime in May.

:)

Here, have an archive post of the park in its opening year, 1967.

AndersWohin blog source, he also has a few other articles with photos and videos of Phantasialand.

Phantasialand%2B1967%2B%25283%2529%2B-%2BKopie.JPG

The Sleeping Beauty Castle. The castle was at the lake - today one can see the "Merry Bees hunting"
All photos: Kronenberg

Phantasialand%2B1967%2B%25282%2529.JPG

The towers are part of the Sleeping Beauty Castle

Phantasialand%2B1967%2B%25284%2529.JPG

The slide of 1967. It was located at the point where today the stairs of Race for Atlantis leads to the lake.

Phantasialand%2B1967%2B%25286%2529.JPG

The pony track - it was where later the gondola drove 1001 Nights

Phantasialand%2B1967%2B%25287%2529.JPG

Decoration around the pony train

Phantasialand%2B1967%2B%25288%2529.JPG

Decoration around the pony train

Phantasialand%2B1967%2B%25289%2529.JPG

Decoration around the pony track
Photos: Kronenberg

Phantasialand%2B1967%2B%252811%2529.JPG

In the rear part of the fairytale lake the pirate ship was - with small figures on deck. This ship went in shortly after
a storm among us has been replaced by "Il Leone II" (but without figures).

Phantasialand%2B1967%2B%252810%2529.JPG

Il Leone
Photos: Kronenberg

Phantasialand%2B1967%2B%252812%2529.JPG

Silver City - this mini Westernstandt belonged to ride the Western Express. He recirculation where today the Hollywood tour is.
Photo: Kronenberg

Phantasialand%2B1967%2B%252813%2529.JPG

A Wagon of Western Express

Phantasialand%2B1967%2B%252814%2529.JPG

In the fairy tale forest river: Puss in Boots.
Photo: Kronenberg

Phantasialand%2B1967%2B%252815%2529.JPG

In the fairy tale forest: Snow White

Here's also the Park Plan from 1972