• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Is Taron the only blitz coaster without any inversions? The layout still looks cool but I'm surprised it doesn't have any.

Does it need inversions though? I would say no.

Based on the quality of iSpeed's inversions, they can really, REALLY add to the layout. Maverick's on the other hand, are the weaker part of the ride.

It all depends on pace and the actual type of inversion.

Would adding of inversions have made it a certainty of the trains having shoulder restraints or have intamin performed inversions without them?

Would adding of inversions have made it a certainty of the trains having shoulder restraints or have intamin performed inversions without them?
No idea. It appears to be random. For example I know Intimidator 305's trains have shoulder harnesses despite the ride itself not having any inversions.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy inversions as much as the next geek. But a layout like this would almost be cliched if it had your typical corkscrews and rolls.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy inversions as much as the next geek. But a layout like this would almost be cliched if it had your typical corkscrews and rolls.

I don't really accept that. If it's a full-on airtime machine, then you don't need rolls. But I don't know how intense this coaster will be. Saying that, Cheetah Hunt has an inversion and it's boring. But iSpeed and Maverick, or Helix - are anything but dull and are similar rides.

I dont see any location in the first section of the coaster that suits a inversion, but after the second launch I feel there are a number of locations where a zero g roll would of fitted into the track really well but thats just me, very much looking forward to this ride regardless and if not having any inversions means there arn't shoulder restraints thats surely a positive.

I don't really accept that. If it's a full-on airtime machine, then you don't need rolls. But I don't know how intense this coaster will be. Saying that, Cheetah Hunt has an inversion and it's boring. But iSpeed and Maverick, or Helix - are anything but dull and are similar rides.

So boring I don't even remember it

Looks like a boring coaster, as I predicted from the outset. Looks on par with Cheetah Hunt, track & train.

Looks like a boring coaster, as I predicted from the outset. Looks on par with Cheetah Hunt, track & train.
And you have the nerve to call me a miserable moaner?

You are entitled to your opinion. If you genuinely feel this, then fine. I respect anyone who speaks their mind when it goes against the status quo... I know what it is like to have the minority view, after all! But if you are just trying to troll us... please grow up.

Some more progress on the general area, courtesy of Tobi's model!

9d150d33da456bd4eb3bf0c2bfa68809.jpg

Raik's lift is now almost fully boxed in, I'm intrigued to see what Phantasialand do with the interior of this, lighting or effects similar to those inside Mystery Castle would be great!

5746db2825db5974eb78c247fc39aabc.jpg

The area really is going to look stunning!

c19fbee3166762147e75891b99d3ecb1.jpg

Raik now has a station

3b4178d2c5d08d5b6427a91a56b7d867.jpg

The roof of which has a bridge, that will serve as the entrance to the area from China!

All looking great, not only is the area a criss-cross jumble of track, there are also multiple criss-cross bridges and paths winding between all these fantastic looking wood frame buildings!

a95a195fed77590da30f58d09c267ace.jpg

It really is on its way to looking like the eerie mist filled town full of towers from the promo video.

Summer can't come soon enough <3

And you have the nerve to call me a miserable moaner?

You are entitled to your opinion. If you genuinely feel this, then fine. I respect anyone who speaks their mind when it goes against the status quo... I know what it is like to have the minority view, after all! But if you are just trying to troll us... please grow up.

At what point on that POV does it do anything forceful or particularly exciting? Timecodes please.

It is hard to judge how forceful a coaster is from a real POV, never mind an unofficial recreation! It might not be one of the worlds best coasters but it sure looks at least like it will be great fun. And depending on launch speeds (which we don't yet know) it could well be forceful!

It would be silly to not give it a chance. Blue Fire isn't forceful yet it's a wonderful coaster!

:)

It doesn't look great from the video, but there's always been a real risk that this thing won't actually be all that amazing. If it's a bit too slow it'll be another Cheetah Hunt, albeit a prettier one.