• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Scandinavia & Snorri Touren

An opening certainly seems imminent. The trough is now filled with fresh water and the pumps are on:

Remember the fire was 2 weeks ago, even if it doesn't open for another few days this is staggering!

EDIT:

There are now rafts going around:

34859966_1909151542481611_7067008668524347392_n.jpg

Photo from Facebook.

:)

Last edited:
Yes! We've just booked to come back to EP for the first time in 10 years this summer. Awesome to see how everything has improved. Glad to have Fjord Rafting back.

The main restaurant in the Dutch themed area, Bamboe Baai, was destroyed in the fire. It's only take Europa-Park 2 weeks to decide they wanted to bring back this food offering in some form and implement said plans with a new pop-up food outlet:

34687473_10216027712955434_4645414151789740032_n.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again - incredible!

A few more photos from epfans.info showing what has been done with the Dutch area, along with terrace above the Camp David shop:

1528661777.jpg

1528661774.jpg

1528661781.jpg

1528661784.jpg

Looks like they are utilising some of the huts that are used for German Market at winter season.

As well as this, various Fjord Restaurant food is no available elsewhere in the park:
  • The Alaskan Salmon Fillet at Petit France in France
  • The Matjes fillet in the Seehaus restaurant in Austria
  • The Köttbular in O`Mackays in Ireland
  • The Backfisch-HotDog at Friethuys in Holland
The fish rolls from the Fishkuset Mermaid are now available at the "Casa Atlantica" snack bar in Portugal, as well as at the Fashion World Lounge in Holland.

Some of this may of course be temporary to use existing stock. Or they could just want to ensure guests have a full selection of food to eat on park!

Regardless of which option it is, EP have found a way to still ensure that guests can have a wider range of food offerings on park, and I applaud them for that. With the units in the second picture, it looks to me as though they're exactly the same ones you'd find at the Christmas Market on Deutsche-Allee over the winter season. Makes sense tbh, given they wouldn't ordinarily be used in the summer months.

I have to say, Europa park's handling of this situation has been nothing short of superb. As someone who has never visited the place, out of respect for the way they look after the park, I really do feel inclined to visit this place in the near future. I recently showed EP to my non enthusiast friends, and they took one look and instantly said "ok we've got to go to this place".

The main restaurant in the Dutch themed area, Bamboe Baai, was destroyed in the fire. It's only take Europa-Park 2 weeks to decide they wanted to bring back this food offering in some form and implement said plans with a new pop-up food outlet:

34687473_10216027712955434_4645414151789740032_n.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again - incredible!

A few more photos from epfans.info showing what has been done with the Dutch area, along with terrace above the Camp David shop:

1528661777.jpg

1528661774.jpg

1528661781.jpg

1528661784.jpg

Looks like they are utilising some of the huts that are used for German Market at winter season.

As well as this, various Fjord Restaurant food is no available elsewhere in the park:
  • The Alaskan Salmon Fillet at Petit France in France
  • The Matjes fillet in the Seehaus restaurant in Austria
  • The Köttbular in O`Mackays in Ireland
  • The Backfisch-HotDog at Friethuys in Holland
The fish rolls from the Fishkuset Mermaid are now available at the "Casa Atlantica" snack bar in Portugal, as well as at the Fashion World Lounge in Holland.

Some of this may of course be temporary to use existing stock. Or they could just want to ensure guests have a full selection of food to eat on park!

.....and not a shipping container in sight :);)