• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood Hills

One *car* on the boomerang? What on earth!?

Just a very long one!

On Wipeout it's worth saying I generally hate boomerangs, Cobra rolls are just the worst, but this one rides really very well. Pretty smooth, no restraint head banging, amd not even any jolt as the second lift engages.

Last edited:
Marble on 4 is generally the maximum it can run. It's a lot to monitor with 4 cars on but you get about 220pph fairly easily on that ride.

Popped into the park today as they are trialling opening during October Weekends.

There's the usual negative and bad points that have been done to death,

Something I wanted to highlight was the recent refurbishments of Safari and Giddy Up, alongside some other minor updates.

1696704533205.jpeg

1696704558839.jpeg

1696704587786.jpeg

The main path from the Entrance to the main street area has been updated with refreshed landscaping.

1696704654873.jpeg

1696704680212.jpeg

Not a fan of the first impression you currently get of your cars suspension being destroyed, then the Basketball game being the first thing you see.

It's a nice feeling to be able to be positive about something Pleasurewood Hills have done.

The driveway in ( provided by tesco way back... ) is really bad now, sunken cracked concrete the worst bit as you get over the actual gate line, it's really bad.

It's desperately needing new stuff yet its all take take away rather than add plus the endless SBNO stuff.

October weekends yes new this season, the same season they slashed many days to 4pm...

I bet it's absolutely dead at this time of year, I never hear of any seasonal events at the park either
There is chills for half term October, this was there 40th year yet virtually no promotion or fuss was made about it...

Such a wasted opportunity of a season !

The driveway in ( provided by tesco way back... ) is really bad now, sunken cracked concrete the worst bit as you get over the actual gate line, it's really bad.

It's desperately needing new stuff yet its all take take away rather than add plus the endless SBNO stuff.

October weekends yes new this season, the same season they slashed many days to 4pm...

Why did Tesco provide the driveway? I know there’s a Tesco at the end of the road but it’s a fair bit away from the actual park entrance.

If my memory serves me correctly tescos paid for land that was owned by pwh/gunton Hall in order to build the superstore, thats when the new entrance came in direct of what was the a12 then and now is the a47. The former entrance was then closed yet you can still see where it was and the lines on the road

2024 Park Map

csm_Skirrgard_PWH_PARK_MAP_WEBSITE_080324_03cb87f634.jpg

That's actually a really nice map design. It a shame the park has nothing new this season, it really needs it. Pleasurewood is such an annomoly in the Looping group.
Yeah no idea why they hang on to it when they have no intention of investing, its now the 10th season of nothing new.

All its had is paint up of rides and a very slight re theme of a few to which joe public would have no idea about or even care.

Yes it does improve the visitor experience to see things shiny and clean yet this won't get anyone extra through the gates....

Would be interested to know what sort of planning permission environment it would be in if it ever did get anything really big. I hope the park is around for a long time, but it needs something soon.

Would be interested to know what sort of planning permission environment it would be in if it ever did get anything really big. I hope the park is around for a long time, but it needs something soon.
I think at this point it would be best if Looping Group just sold it on. Drayton Manor and the Safari park are clearly Thier priority. It's a park with space to expand and it would be good to see someone come in and at least give it a go with some new investments.

Sell the plot for housing.

Get wipeout to Oakwood or Fantasy Island whilst those parks actually have some hope of surviving .

Pleasurewood doesn’t .