• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood Hills

First and only time I visited was when Hobs Pit and Marble Madness were new and even then I didn’t feel any desire for a return visit. This is despite paying an annual visit to Yarmouth. Dread to think what the state of the place is now
Not good !

I’m going to go in with an open mind.

My expectations are quite low; rightly or wrongly, my outside impression of Pleasurewood Hills is something akin to an East Coast equivalent of Oakwood, perhaps with slightly weaker major coasters. Admittedly without having ridden any of them, no major coaster at Pleasurewood looks quite as impressive as Megafobia (which was a UK top 10 candidate for me even pre-retrack, back in 2019), but the overall vibe and lineup of the park looks quite similar.

With that being said, I’ve heard some rather good things about this park’s key unique coaster Cannonball Express, with some reviewers calling it a “hidden gem” and even declaring it “one of the UK’s best coasters”, and I am interested to ride Wipeout so that I can finally try a stock model Vekoma Boomerang over 100 coasters into this hobby! I’m also quite looking forward to Jolly Roger, Pleasurewood’s drop tower; I absolutely love a good drop tower, and I’ve heard very good things about this one! It’s a Fabbri like Detonator and Venom, is it not? Those two are possibly my two favourite UK drop towers!

My first time ever "swearing around adults" moment was on the boomerang, and my first experience of one of those god forsaken ufo gravity spinning horrors too. Vividly remember walking back to our caravan down the road feeling slightly queasy to find my Dad cooking liver, which smelled like a urinal to a young me. I have too many nausea-related childhood memories. I took a look at some recent pictures of the place and it definitely doesn't have the charm I (perhaps made up) remember. Still, always good to experience new parks and spread your thoosie legs. Will be looking forward to your report!

Pleasure wood hills is a nice place and seems to be getting better each year. Went this year in April and they are really thinking about theming everything and the smaller details to make it a brilliant day out

Last edited:
Pleasure wood hills is a nice place and seems to be getting better each year. Went this year in April and they are really thinking about theming everything and the smaller details to make it a brilliant day out
The last 10 years has seen a huge downturn, endless things removed and not replaced, endless SBNO areas and attractions, reduced operating hours, reduced operating days, car park charge introduced and a fairly stuck in mud "local reputation"

Whilst recent ride refurbs have been much needed, things should not be allowed to get like that in the first place... then remarketed as "new experience " and yes other parks are guilty too I know

Last edited: