• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood Hills

How long has it been dragging itself along the bottom now?
At least a decade isn't it?
Close friend used to have family close by, kids only ever wanted to go once!

I'm guessing their visitors are mostly holidaymakers visiting the area rather than travelling there specifically for the park. With not a lot else to do around there maybe that works for them as a strategy and the same people would visit anyway even if they spend big money on a massive new attraction. Being a well presented pleasant place will be more valuable than new ride investment.

I went last year for the first time in about 20 years and had a pretty great day, if I were on holiday in Yarmouth again this year I'd almost certainly return.

Oakwood and Pleasurewood Hills both feel very similar. They are parks that have seemingly plodded along for years and are next to popular holiday destinations.

I went to Yarmouth a fair bit during my childhood, and we always visited Pleasurewood Hills during our holidays. I would likely only go to the park again if I were in Yarmouth. Oakwood is doable as a day trip since I live in Wales, but again, I would only visit if I were on a holiday in Pembrokeshire. I wouldn't go out of my way to specifically visit these parks.

I suspect the majority of visitors are families on domestic holidays, which likely keeps both parks operating.

Locals round here don't bother much with the park, thats where it fell foul.

Last significant investment/attraction was marble madness 10/11 seasons ago, that did the park well yet nothing been added since, lots removed and substantial SBNO areas across the park is very sad to see.

Yes they have been tarting up rides etc yet this is general tlc that should be done regardless and the continuation of advertising new look each season doesn't wash with the local market at all.

You only have to see the comments left on official Facebook posts to see what the general public want...

Operating hours were actually reduced last year which did surprise me as it use to be open for longer than AT , yet not now.

Ticket wise I think is still fairly good value, yet I know most will go to GYPB as they have yet again another new attraction for 2024.

Ride heights seem pretty good, its somewhere i could take the family and most of the rides we would all get on bar wipeout for the little one. Defo on my list this year especially if we take the van over that way too

I went to Yarmouth a fair bit during my childhood, and we always visited Pleasurewood Hills during our holidays.

Same. I haven't been for probably 30 years now. We have family in that direction and are there every few weeks but there's nothing that is enough of a draw to warrant the extra drive versus going the other direction to the Merlin parks or Adventure Island in Southend.