• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood Hills

Re: Pleasurewood Hills - 2013 Dark Ride - Hob's Pit

Look who I saw cruising down the street with a couple of ladies when I was out having a smoke at work today.

file-3.jpg

:D All the ladies love Woody

SOMEONE works for Aviva then ;)

Just a wee roundup on things at the park... From the park Facebook and Unofficial Pleasurewood

The Railway Tea Rooms have been renamed in honour of the lady who has run them for well over a decade:

529386_471132716291331_2030278108_n.jpg

The 2013 park leaflet with new art style has been released:

547793_471611382910131_749728769_n.jpg

Some very scary promotional art for Hobs Pit has been released:

73390_471948696209733_291761563_n.jpg

Woody's Fairytale Ride is all but gone...

45579_472329899504946_2000947860_n.jpg

Hob's Pit exterior and interior:

2547411838.jpg

BG20O74CcAA7gGe.jpg

A promo video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2tskroAc-Y#

Oh, and a bit of a name drop as to some people who are working on the ride...

The new Hobs Pit ride has been developed working with a world renowned special effects expert and a voice actor whom usually work in the USA on theme parks such as Disney and Universal Studios.

Rob Ostir
Corey Burton

This is information that has been leaked by me over the past few weeks - Enjoy.

So, pretty damn exciting times for such a small park... The Park Q&A Thread on Unofficial Pleasurewood is where a lot of this info has come from, and allows fans to directly ask the park what's going on...

Haven't been keeping tabs on this so forgive me if it's been answered but, when is Hob's Pit due to open?

Scott said:
Just a wee roundup on things at the park... From the park Facebook and Unofficial Pleasurewood

The Railway Tea Rooms have been renamed in honour of the lady who has run them for well over a decade:

The Hobs Pit video is a bit strange, but it is great always for smaller parks to be investing and moving forward, always refreshing to encounter.

As for naming the tea room after that lady, that's a wonderful gesture!

LiamC said:
Haven't been keeping tabs on this so forgive me if it's been answered but, when is Hob's Pit due to open?
25th May.

Is Hobb's Pit where the Aladdin dark ride used to be? Or is it a completely new build?

andyramone said:
Is Hobb's Pit where the Aladdin dark ride used to be? Or is it a completely new build?
The Aladdin boat ride is still there as Tales of the Coast. This ride is where the Gift Shop and old Fairytale Fantasy dark ride were located on Main Street.

I was really expecting a jump scare at the end of that video!

Re: Pleasurewood Hills 2013: Hobs Pit Dark Ride / Pleasurewood Chills!

I'm sure it was Pleasurewood Chills last year?

The event was officially "The Hills Have Eyes" though they may have used Pleasurewood Chills as an alternative slogan. The logo wasn't redesigned (thus the park wasn't renamed like Frightwater Valley) for the event though.

Has it been clarified what Hob's Pit actually is yet?

Hobs Pit is currently a bit of a mystery to be honest! It's known to be using the old Fairytale Fantasy ride (though how much the ride system and cars have changed is unknown) as well as what used to be the Main Street shop plus the space inbetween the two. It can only be speculated that it will be part walkthrough/scaremaze and part 'ghost train' but from the teases it looks set to be great.

Hi Chaps.

I should be off to PWH for the first time in 3 years tomorrow. Will be sure to provide a Trip Report when I get back. Really looking forward to seeing how the park is doing and riding the Jolly Rodger for the first time. Shame that Hobb's Pit won't be open. Will probably go back later in the year if the reviews are good.

Hobs Pit Update:

xpp57e6.png

Pre-Launch Event: 24th May
Ride Previews/Soft Opening: 25th May
Official Opening: 2nd June

*Image Fixed.

Did you see on faffbook PWH were asking for people that write blogs or websites to apply for a preview of hobbs pitt