• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood Hills

Re: Pleasurewood Hills 2013: Hobs Pit Dark Ride / Pleasurewood Chills!

Dam you woman!!!!!!!! *shakes fists*

You do know there is a mini meet! No excuses!

To be fair though, unlike Th13teen this does indeed have an actual age limit.

I would hope that the decided age limit is 12 rather than 15, because that's far too high for a theme park ride.
Or is that gory to justify a 15 age limit?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Well... This looks like a rather odd little attraction doesn't it! :\

If you ask me, it looks like they have almost gone all out gore for the sake of it, it seems like a standard cheap way of scaring to me really :\

However, I will reserve full judgement for if I actually ride it myself one day!

Stevie said:
I would hope that the decided age limit is 12 rather than 15, because that's far too high for a theme park ride.
Or is that gory to justify a 15 age limit?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

It is 12 as the sign posted on the previous page shows:

We strongly recommend the following

- No Children under 12 years of age or 1.5 meters

The 1.5 meter thing is very strange. I think that's the highest height restriction I've ever seen. They seem to be doing a Sub-Terra and adding it just for ensuring adults ride rather than because the ride requires it. Although in fairness it only says recommended.

Sammy said:
If you ask me, it looks like they have almost gone all out gore for the sake of it, it seems like a standard cheap way of scaring to me really :\

I agree, though it's not really much different in the way Merlin's scare attractions just go for the jumpier surprise scares over more inventive ways of scaring people. However, instead of shocking people by jumping out (though I assume this ride will have 'jumpy' moments too), Pleasurewood have opted to shock people using gore instead. They're both two simple methods of scaring people.

:)

We strongly recommend the following

- No Children under 12 years of age or 1.5 meters

The 1.5 meter thing is very strange. I think that's the highest height restriction I've ever seen. They seem to be doing a Sub-Terra and adding it just for ensuring adults ride rather than because the ride requires it. Although in fairness it only says recommended.
[/quote]

Hmmm I'm only just over the height requirement for this being 5ft/1.52m wonder if I'd get height checked?

As far as I'm aware - the height board mentions that it is a guideline minimum height. I don't think you'd be checked as you're obviously over 12 :p

Pleasurewood Hills 2013: Hobs Pit Dark Ride / Pleasurewood Chills!

Just a couple of bits and bobs... The park are going all out with marketing and nostalgia for the 30th birthday. They brought back the old characters Ronnie the Raccoon and Clarence the Cat and now they (along with Woody Bear) have released a birthday single on iTunes! It's cheesy as hell but it's quite adventurous for a park this size.

Also, ITV have been on park recently filming for a pilot sitcom. The show will be aired this year (I think) and is obviously set in a theme park - so it's pretty cool that Pleasurewood were picked as the location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

The new Pedal Boats are now open on the lake at Pleasurewood Hills. This is PWH's fourth new attraction for 2013.

1001914_524886404249295_1818066669_n.jpg

Dear Pleasurewood,

Cqv60.gif

Love, everyone.

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaww <3

^ Wouldn't get that at a Merlin park. ;)

A Merlin park would offer a 10% discount on fastrack that can only be used on certain days of the season.

Sam said:
1001914_524886404249295_1818066669_n.jpg

Dear Pleasurewood,

Cqv60.gif

Love, everyone.

Wow, now THAT is customer service!

I saw this on Facebook earlier and was really touched by it :) such excellent customer service!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2