• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

In addition to the new dark ride, PortAventura also announced that they're building their 7th Resort Hotel due to open next year.

The new 150 room 4* hotel will be built adjacent to Hotel Gold River, Hotel The Callaghan's and Hotel Mansion De Lucy. It's expected to have a western theme like the other hotels in that resort area.

In other news (sorry if it's already been mentioned). Junior Red Force opened in Ferrari Land on Tuesday completing the new children's area and Woody's House, a new character meet 'n' greet attraction is nearing vertical completion in the Far West near the Long Branch Saloon.

Hopefully another major coaster is in the works. I think a ground-up RMC would suit PA very well. An invert or a flyer would be nice too.

In addition to the new dark ride, PortAventura also announced that they're building their 7th Resort Hotel due to open next year.

The new 150 room 4* hotel will be built adjacent to Hotel Gold River, Hotel The Callaghan's and Hotel Mansion De Lucy. It's expected to have a western theme like the other hotels in that resort area.

In other news (sorry if it's already been mentioned). Junior Red Force opened in Ferrari Land on Tuesday completing the new children's area and Woody's House, a new character meet 'n' greet attraction is nearing vertical completion in the Far West near the Long Branch Saloon.

Interesting to see PA follow the Merlin model of build more hotels even though we can’t fill the existing ones for 6 months of the year.

I assume this hotel isn’t the Hard Rock development. What ever happened to that?

Interesting to see PA follow the Merlin model of build more hotels even though we can’t fill the existing ones for 6 months of the year.

I assume this hotel isn’t the Hard Rock development. What ever happened to that?

Throughout the summer season the PortAventura Hotels are often booked up with very little to no rooms left across the Resort. Obviously PortAventura is situated in a location which is a lot lot busier from May to October than it is November to April. Due to in being on the Spanish coast it's not somewhere which people would naturally visit year round, although I have read the Resort are working on making the parks 365.

In relation to the Hard Rock Entertainments area there's actually been a press release this morning but I haven't got around to translating it yet so I don't know what its about.

I just wonder what the economics of building a hotel are, when the occupancy rates are so low at certain times.

They make an absolute bomb out of charging expensive rates in the school holidays, and run at a loss the rest of the year, if open at all.
I think that is how most theme park hotels work.

What's happened to that wonderful looking Ferarri hotel? I'm guessing not much seeing as the park sounds like a flop!

News of a new dark ride is brilliant though, the park is in urgent need of such a ride.

:)

That Sesame Street Dark ride sounds great and is something the parks have been desperately needing for some time now. Hopefully it will not be completely screen based.

Not sure when it is expected to open though.

I think the park would do well with an RMC, preferably not Stampida though as that should just get some new GCI millennium flyer trains tbf.

Throughout the summer season the PortAventura Hotels are often booked up with very little to no rooms left across the Resort. Obviously PortAventura is situated in a location which is a lot lot busier from May to October than it is November to April. Due to in being on the Spanish coast it's not somewhere which people would naturally visit year round, although I have read the Resort are working on making the parks 365.

In relation to the Hard Rock Entertainments area there's actually been a press release this morning but I haven't got around to translating it yet so I don't know what its about.
With Reus airport basically shutting down Nov till April would make it difficult to open year round. I would visit in winter if Ryanair did flights.

With Reus airport basically shutting down Nov till April would make it difficult to open year round. I would visit in winter if Ryanair did flights.

Barcelona is open all year around which is a 45 min drive. It's no different from flying to Disneyland Paris or Europa Park. PortAventura Park is already open until January anyway so to open 365 it's only got two months extra to add on to the calendar as it reopens in March.

Heading over in October for 5 days which is quite a pain for tickets, we have BPB passes so I gather these are valid for one entry to PA park only, has anyone used this before and has it worked ok?

Also if I get a 4 day ticket for PA and want to visit Ferrari land is it possible to get a discounted admission? Website is as clear as bloody mud!

You could get 2 x 2 park 2 day tickets which are €56 each, which works out at €12 more than buying the 1 park 4 day pass. This way you can access port aventura across the 4 days plus Ferrari land on two of those days as well.

PortAventura’s fansite PaWave, usually a very reliable source, have announced that the park will be opening a Sesame Street themed dark ride.

I do have a screenshot of the post on my phone but as I’m not a regular forum user, I don’t know how to post pictures on here.

I think it’s great to see PA investing in a dark ride, something which the main park greatly lacks.

PortAventura’s fansite PaWave, usually a very reliable source, have announced that the park will be opening a Sesame Street themed dark ride.

I do have a screenshot of the post on my phone but as I’m not a regular forum user, I don’t know how to post pictures on here.

I think it’s great to see PA investing in a dark ride, something which the main park greatly lacks.

The park announced the dark ride back in May, it’s well under construction, last pics I saw the building structure was complete and the walls where starting to go up. Set to open next season.

It was also confirmed at IAAPA by Sally Corp unveiling a Big Bird animatronic...

Perhaps not the dark ride we want, but the park needs...

Does anybody known when Templo del Fuego *actually* opens?

This December will be my 4th visit to the resort since 2009. I have never been inside Templo del Fuego.

August 2009
We were around the park for 2 1/2 days. We arrived at the attraction around 5.00pm on the second day, to be told it had already closed for the day (we hadn't realised it had limited hours). The following day, we arrived within the hours it had been open the previous day, to be told it did not operate on that day at all...

October 2013
I was on park for 2 days for their Halloween celebrations. Templo del Fuego was closed.

December 2015
I was on park for 2 days and Templo del Fuego was closed.

December 2018
I will be on park for 2 days and it seems Templo del Fuego will be closed.