• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

It did open during Halloween season in 2015/16, but only Saturday/Sunday and for limited hours (1200-1700 I think). This year however, it’s been incorporated into the Apocalypsis Maya horror maze, so is sort of half available. IMO the Temple area of the maze itself is not nearly impressive as the show.

I think it is open, on a similarly limited basis to Halloween, during peak summer. Knowing PA though, their value engineering of park operations means I’m surprised every time it opens at all.

It is a fantastic show though, a real throwback to a time when Universal made these live experiential attractions. Not a screen in sight.

The park map this year says everyday 14:00 to 18:00 from 26th May. It does not say when it shuts for the season.

I almost feel like they should just close it and replace it. Everyone goes on about how good it is, but I am a pretty seasoned enthusiast and having spent 9 days at the park, haven't done it once. Pretty sad really.

I've done the equivalent at IOA thankfully, so kind of know what I am missing. But still.

Annoyingly if I'd had any idea in advance of my first trip just how lousy the operating hours are I could have done it back in 2015 - we arrived mid afternoon on Sunday but didn't venture to that part of the park until after it had closed and that was our chance gone.

I've not since visited on a day it's been scheduled to open.

It seems to be a real burden for them, I can only imagine that they are desperate to get rid of it.

Would be a shame if they did, as a spectacle showpiece it's pretty awesome... But I dread to think how much it costs to operate, plus of course the time it takes to get through it (resulting in an absolutely terrible throughput akin to Haunting at DMP)...

I did it when we went last year, was certainly open every day in the summer, but limited opening hours.

However the throughput is awful, we had fastrack and still waited ages to go in.

The amount of gas it uses must cost the park a small fortune! I’m surprised it’s not been changed or removed by now.

Looking on the website it says it’s not open till 2019. So I guess it’s not open as part of winter.
https://www.portaventuraworld.com/en/shows/templo-del-fuego

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember a few years back hearing it costs 500 euros per show.

I've visited PA every July/August since 2007 and it has always been open on my visits, it seems to only run during the summer holidays on reduced hours now.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

It's 20 minute show and it holds 160 people per group, so it's 480 people an hour. It re-opens in May 2019.

That’s got to be 20 minutes for the entire two rooms though. So theoretically double that figure.

I know back in Universal’s era it ran the pre-show and finale scene simultaneously. I don’t think they do anymore. Nothing to stop them though, other than ‘they’re PA so why bother’.

New PortAventura Dream Village Resort
k9yq9l.png

"PortAventura Dreams is born, for children with serious illnesses and their families"
PortAventura World in collaboration with the PortAventura Foundation today have revealed they will soon be opening a new village within the Resort to allow children with special needs, disabilities and serious illnesses along with their families to stay on-site in unique accommodation designed specifically for their needs. Here's an article from Diari;

PortAventura Foundation has announced its most emblematic and ambitious project; This is PortAventura Dreams, a village located within the resort that will seek to offer a unique experience to children suffering from serious illnesses and their families . The project will consolidate the commitment of the foundation, which has entertainment and fun as the axis of its social action, with the improvement of the lives of children at risk of exclusion due to disability or health reasons.

PortAventura Dreams, a pioneering initiative in Europe that will have an investment of more than 3 million euros , will create a physical-temporal space, different and fun, during the fight against the disease , whose objective will be the search for an effect positive from a psychological point of view on recovery, while allowing new moments of family bonding to feed.

PortAventura Dream Village will occupy a space of about 9,000 m² located within PortAventura World. The village will have 8 homes of 130m² , fully adapted, which can accommodate a total of 8 families of a maximum of 6 members each. The project will focus on children between 4 and 17 years who suffer (or have suffered) serious diseases, listed in the list prepared by the Ministry of Health.

The choice of families that can participate in the PortAventura Dreams experience will be made through a committee made up of doctors, social workers and other experts in the field of health . The forecast is that a total of 168 families can enjoy the PortAventura Dreams program annually, a figure that will increase over time.

Families will have a totally free 6-day stay in a fully adapted detached house that will be located in the village. The package will include access to the three parks of PortAventura World and the possibility of enjoying exclusive activities for families, energized by volunteer groups of Fundació PortAventura.

Colorado Creek: New €25 Million 4* Deluxe Hotel Opening 2019

PA have announced the name of the new deluxe hotel which will be opening in the Far West Resort Area next year. It's located behind Hotel The Callaghan's and Hotel Lucy's Mansion and will feature 150 rooms, a pool, restaurant and bar. Guests can walk to PortAventura Park through Hotel Gold River or take a free shuttle to Ferrari Land and Caribe Aquatic Park.

Last edited:
Since this is actually being built I’m a little more optimistic it will open. However, I’m still trying to find where the Ferrari Hotel is located. Oh yeah and the Hard Rock Hotel too.

Seriously though, it will be good to see another new hotel which just opens for weekends and school holidays. Exactly what PA are short of.

Since this is actually being built I’m a little more optimistic it will open. However, I’m still trying to find where the Ferrari Hotel is located. Oh yeah and the Hard Rock Hotel too.

Seriously though, it will be good to see another new hotel which just opens for weekends and school holidays. Exactly what PA are short of.

The Ferrari Hotel was scrapped before Ferrari Land was even built and the Hard Rock Hotel isn't due to be built for like another 5 years? o_O

It’s a shame they scrapped the Ferrari Hotel to be honest, it could have been very unique. One of the things I don’t particularly like about PortAventura’s hotels is that a lot of them seem to have a similar western style theme to each other, and with yet another hotel being built also focusing on another western American region, I think the theme is becoming a bit over used.

It’s a shame they scrapped the Ferrari Hotel to be honest, it could have been very unique. One of the things I don’t particularly like about PortAventura’s hotels is that a lot of them seem to have a similar western style theme to each other, and with yet another hotel being built also focusing on another western American region, I think the theme is becoming a bit over used.

If it was going to be as vapid, soulless, unimaginative and overpriced as Ferrari Land, perhaps we dodged a bullet?