• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

He did use the word "mainly" though. Covers his back. ;) It doesn't quite say "we close half the rides throughout the week" or "we keep all rides open every day" - he uses a word that doesn't specify either. :p

He shouldn't have to say "mainly" though, that's the thing. You go to a park expecting rides to open full stop. Granted you should allow for the odd occasion where rides do break down etc, but as a paying guest I would want that guy to be saying, "our rides are always open."

Come on, it's obviously lost in translation, he meant outdoor rides.

Regardless of if the park has lovely cost cutting measures which make Oakwood look fantastic at times.

thefatone said:
Come on, it's obviously lost in translation, he meant outdoor rides.

The pure irony of the double entendre is too good to pass up though ;)

Well he obviously meant outdoor rides rather than dark rides, which is why I posted the link as I would personally like to see some dark rides at PA but by the sounds of this interview, he is of the opinion that guests do not want them.

To be fair I think the chances are that he's right. Every single time I've been to PA I've seen staff conducting visitor surveys so nobody can accuse PA of not listenning to their guests.

Since debate of the year has been split off here's an update on the 2014 project.

The path of the ride is starting to take shape:
o2w2.png

Not a lot can be seen in this, but it shows details that have been added to the buildings:
ujmx.png

Pictures credit to Pauett and tonio86 (on PA Community) respectively.

One thing to note is the main path of the ride (where the trough is currently taking shape) is far wider than the station building entry and exit. Or at least it looks like that, it's rather difficult to tell with the camera angle and vantage point.

It seems the land next to Shambhala will be left empty - apparently to be left as a potential area for a roller coaster in future (if that does ever happen it will ruin the look of that area of the park even further).

According to another PA fansite there are posters outside of PortAventura that confirm an April 2014 opening for this attraction (which sounds about right).

Screamscape said:
New Family Ride / Cirque du Soleil: Kooza - (1/3/14) Another new picture of the new 2014 attraction under construction at PortAventura can be found at PA-Community this week. Screamscape sources have confirmed that this will be a very large and unique Splash Battle style ride experience.

Oh. Well the excitement for that just died on its arse then. A 'unique' Splash Battle is still a Splash Battle.

Hmm hardly inspiring but at least it is a park that has the climate suited to a Splash Battle.

:)

Very disappointing :(

But if it is a Splash Battle, at least it means we can stil visit in the winter months and not be missing out on a great water ride ;D

Well. How enthralling.

Waco Bato, Battle Galleons, Whale Adventures. All scintillating developments! I can't wait to see how this is going to be made special...

Sent using Tapatalk

1.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

15.jpg

More photos can be seen here.

I have to say, while it looks like the quality of the theming looks set to be great, it's still just a Splash Battle. At least the climate's right for one, but even when I've been presented with the opportunity to try one in warm weather, I still haven't bothered. :p

If they're building this out of the same polystyrene stuff that they built SesamoAventura and Shambhala's station out of I will not be impressed. It may look very nice and detailed but after a month it looks a state. It gets picked off by guests and doesn't survive the weather very well and from the last picture its looking like it is! ::)

Several rides in Sesamo Aventura were a state, loads of gaps and holes where it's been picked away.

Rainbow Magic Land make theming out of it too, and it simply does not last! It's terrible build quality!

Don't get me wrong it looks great, but it's just not a suitable material for what its used for! I'd have thought they'd have learnt that from SesamoAventura

It certianly sounds more substatial than other Splash Battles that are out there, 10 minutes is a considerable ride time. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they are going to do with it.

:)

Yeah, Interesting how the "Rising Snakes" will work. I know it will be standard stationary snake coming out of the water but some animation would be interesting :) Snake curling and moving making the target harder to hit. 10 minutes certainly is a long time.. Just whether they are spanning it out for the hell of it or whether it's that long after they wanted so much stuff...

I can see there being some quiet moments. (no targets, no passers by)

Anyway I am visiting at the end of May so I am looking forward to trying it.

There was a rumour not too long ago that the boats will be free to move (like rapids boats) - that promo image fits in with the rumours. Looks like it could be quite a fun ride!

726pph though!? Queues will be very long in the summer then! PA staff aren't the fastest of people with throughput.